Investigators: Alcohol suspected in fatal crash on Highway 180
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- California Highway Patrol investigators say alcohol may have played a role in a crash that claimed two lives early Saturday morning.
Authorities say 24-year-old Stephanie Soza of Selma was driving three passengers on Highway 180 east of Highway 245 around 4:30 a.m. Saturday morning.
According to a CHP report, Soza drove her car off the road and collided with a mile post marker before going down an embankment. The vehicle then struck several trees.
Investigators say two of the passengers, an 18-year-old man and a 21-year-old man, were killed in the crash. They say neither were wearing seatbelts.
The CHP says Soza left the vehicle and walked back to the road seeking help. After being treated at Community Regional Medical Center, Soza was booked into the Fresno County Jail on three counts of felony DUI resulting in injury and two counts of gross vehicular manslaughter while intoxicated.
accident, dui, local, rick montanez
- Lilly 2 fire in Yosemite Lakes 80 percent contained 22 min ago
- La Tapatia fire prompts two business to evacuate in Fresno 52 min ago
- Fresno Police open fire on suspect after bike chase
- Hundreds of UC Merced students receive their degrees
- OTRC: Billboard Music Awards 2013 winners list
- Photos: Best moments at Billboard Awards 2013
- Firebaugh man kills home invasion suspect with a sword
- Investigators look into Merced house fire
- California Classic Weekend half marathon
- Visalia PD cracks down on underage drinking
- Welty's final commencement at Fresno State
- Connecticut commuter train crash: 70 injured
- Get the Winning Numbers for Powerball!
- Tornado-ravaged Texas town to start recovery
- Accuweather Forecast
40 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos