Coalinga dentist charged in connection to son's death
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A dentist in Coalinga has been charged in connection with the death of his own son.
It's a story Action News first told you about more than a year ago. Court documents show Dr. Allen Clare used a different treatment on his son than he'd ever used on any other patient.
Patrick Clare, 35, went to his father's office to get a tooth pulled. He had to be taken away in an ambulance and was declared dead minutes later.
Dr. Clare has been charged with practicing dentistry without a valid license. Dr. Clare told investigators he gave his son two shots of valium and two shots of morphine to deal with the pain of the procedure. But an assistant told investigators they had never before used morphine with a patient.
Investigators with the Dental Board of California told Action News Dr. Clare didn't have the proper license to administer narcotics like morphine.
crimetracker, coalinga, fresno county, local
- Huge tornado hits Oklahoma City suburb, kills 51
- Impact of Oklahoma tornado devastation felt in Valley
- Teacher convicted of sex with student sentenced
- Fire breaks out at winery near Reedley
- Tower District crimes attacked head-on
- Valley Works: Educational partnership providing opportunities
- FPU hopes Wilson is answer for women's hoops
- Experts say warm spring means more bugs
- Valley gets cutting-edge way to treat skin blemishes
- Search for new Fresno State president wrapping up
- Fowler High School holds college signing day
- Lilly 2 fire in Yosemite Lakes 80 percent contained
- Yahoo takes big leap with $1.1B deal for Tumblr
- Cement truck overturns on HWY 99 to HWY 180 interchange
- Accuweather Forecast
9 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos