Merced woman found dead near Lake Don Pedro
MERCED COUNTY, Calif. (KFSN) -- Police say Tiffany Russell, 21, was found dead Friday near the Lake Don Pedro sub-division in Mariposa County.
The Folsom Police Department began looking for the suspect in this case near Negro State Park. Investigators say the suspect was considered armed and dangerous.
About four hours into the search SWAT Team officers found a man dead in the park. The man's identity is not being released yet and police have not confirmed whether the man is the suspect they were looking for.
Tiffany Russell's family is anxiously waiting to find out why she was killed.
Jason Bailey said, "She had this new job that she was going to start, she was very excited about, she just let me know about it this week. She was just full of life and had all the potential and opportunity."
Russell's brother Jason says she's the youngest of three. She had only been married about a year and was set to begin a new job last Thursday, but never showed up.
The family was contacted late Friday evening by Mariposa County deputies about her murder.
Russell's brother tells Action News they have not been able to contact her husband. At this point detectives have not said whether he is a suspect in the homicide.
We'll have more details when they become available.
crimetracker, homicide, murder, merced county, merced, local, rick montanez
- Authorities probe murder outside Merced apartment
- Teenage boy shot and killed in Tulare
- Focus turns to pilots as hunt for jet widens
- Visalia man accused of sexually exploiting boy
- Amber Alert issued for 4 LA-area children
- Ukraine says Russian forces move outside Crimea
- Fresno State women win Mountain West title
- Car wash held to help family of murdered coach
- Visalia shooting sends man to hospital
- Man arrested after Hanford drug and weapons bust
- Honda recalling 886,815 Odyssey minivans
- Mendota PD seeks arsonist after patrol car torched
- Comedian David Brenner, 'Tonight' favorite, dies
- Photos: Photos of David Brenner through the years