Merced woman found dead near Lake Don Pedro
MERCED COUNTY, Calif. (KFSN) -- Police say Tiffany Russell, 21, was found dead Friday near the Lake Don Pedro sub-division in Mariposa County.
The Folsom Police Department began looking for the suspect in this case near Negro State Park. Investigators say the suspect was considered armed and dangerous.
About four hours into the search SWAT Team officers found a man dead in the park. The man's identity is not being released yet and police have not confirmed whether the man is the suspect they were looking for.
Tiffany Russell's family is anxiously waiting to find out why she was killed.
Jason Bailey said, "She had this new job that she was going to start, she was very excited about, she just let me know about it this week. She was just full of life and had all the potential and opportunity."
Russell's brother Jason says she's the youngest of three. She had only been married about a year and was set to begin a new job last Thursday, but never showed up.
The family was contacted late Friday evening by Mariposa County deputies about her murder.
Russell's brother tells Action News they have not been able to contact her husband. At this point detectives have not said whether he is a suspect in the homicide.
We'll have more details when they become available.
crimetracker, homicide, murder, merced county, merced, local, rick montanez
- 5.7 earthquake strikes northeast of Chico
- BBQ101 at Caruthers High School
- Parlier homicide victim identified as Francisco Esquivel-Lucio
- Maldonado family sues Fresno over underground bike path
- Fire destroys the Oakhurst Lodge
- Fresno Police looking for robbery suspect
- Bicyclist hit by big rig in Madera County
- Jurors deadlock on Jodi Arias penalty
- Boy Scouts approve plan to accept openly gay boys
- Man allegedly downloads child porn at McDonald's
- Obama defends drone strikes but says no cure-all
- Crisis Map of Moore, Oklahoma Tornado Damage
- 4 arrested after exchanging gunfire with police
- Yellow Jacket iPhone stun gun case