Man, 20, gunned down in Northwest Fresno
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Police are investigating a deadly shooting in Northwest Fresno.
Maurice Graves, 20, died when he was hit during a drive by shooting. That shooting happened around 11:30 Sunday night on Robinson Avenue and Atlas Way.
Police say two brothers were walking down the street when they were confronted by some people in a car. Words were exchanged, and that's when shots were fired.
Neighbors who did not want to be identified say the victim's brother worked hard to try to save his life.
"He was hysterical, he was hurt. It was his brother so he was real hysterical. He didn't want to leave him, at all."
Investigators are trying to track down anyone who may have witnessed the shooting. They also want to find out why the brothers were targeted. Police say the brothers do have gang ties.
crimetracker, shooting, murder, fresno, fresno county, fresno northwest, local, sontaya rose
- Reward raised to $100K to find Ryan Rodriquez
- Fresno police target gangs in new operation
- Local heroes honored for bravery in Fresno
- Fresno Co. supervisors OK preliminary marijuana ban
- SF Giants pitcher inspired by Batkid to give
- Man shot several times in Central Fresno
- NTSB: Asiana captain worried about visual landing
- 2010 Greyhound Bus crash lawsuit settled
- $20 thousand reward for missing Fresno man
- Ex-Fresno paralegal found guilty of murder
- Uruguay legalizes sale, production of marijuana
- Warming tent setup for homeless in Merced County
- Debate on Fresno's water rate hike gets heated
- World leaders, South Africans honor Mandela
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos