Man, 20, gunned down in Northwest Fresno
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Police are investigating a deadly shooting in Northwest Fresno.
Maurice Graves, 20, died when he was hit during a drive by shooting. That shooting happened around 11:30 Sunday night on Robinson Avenue and Atlas Way.
Police say two brothers were walking down the street when they were confronted by some people in a car. Words were exchanged, and that's when shots were fired.
Neighbors who did not want to be identified say the victim's brother worked hard to try to save his life.
"He was hysterical, he was hurt. It was his brother so he was real hysterical. He didn't want to leave him, at all."
Investigators are trying to track down anyone who may have witnessed the shooting. They also want to find out why the brothers were targeted. Police say the brothers do have gang ties.
crimetracker, shooting, murder, fresno, fresno county, fresno northwest, local, sontaya rose
- Burglars steal firefighting tools from Forest Service
- Two dead after gunfire in the town of Lindcove
- FS hires White as new Women's Basketball Coach
- FFD: Squatters likely causing dangerous fires
- Drought may impact farmers market prices 37 min ago
- Recycled water may ease drought concerns
- Valley teens on a spring break job hunt
- Kingsburg water meters change watering habits
- Former Bell city manager gets 12 years in prison
- 4 dead, 292 missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- Lemoore considers tough water rules
- Jenny McCarthy announces engagement on 'The View'
- Strahan's 'GMA' side job confirmed with his visit
- Ultimate Warrior cause of death revealed
- Accuweather Forecast
15 min ago