Man, 20, gunned down in Northwest Fresno
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Police are investigating a deadly shooting in Northwest Fresno.
Maurice Graves, 20, died when he was hit during a drive by shooting. That shooting happened around 11:30 Sunday night on Robinson Avenue and Atlas Way.
Police say two brothers were walking down the street when they were confronted by some people in a car. Words were exchanged, and that's when shots were fired.
Neighbors who did not want to be identified say the victim's brother worked hard to try to save his life.
"He was hysterical, he was hurt. It was his brother so he was real hysterical. He didn't want to leave him, at all."
Investigators are trying to track down anyone who may have witnessed the shooting. They also want to find out why the brothers were targeted. Police say the brothers do have gang ties.
crimetracker, shooting, murder, fresno, fresno county, fresno northwest, local, sontaya rose
- Man caught downloading child porn at McDonald's
- Valley home invasion suspect arrested in Reno
- Fresno pot shop closes amid ABC30 investigation
- 4 arrested after exchanging gunfire with police
- New Fresno State president has strong Valley roots
- Dr. Joe Castro named new Fresno State president
- Authorities investigate a homicide in Fresno Co.
- Merced County launches Citizen Alert system
- Budget improvements for Fresno Unified
- Andy Vidak wins 16th State Senate District
- Former Bullard Star Taylor Gets Coaching Start at Kerman
- Valley students helping tornado-ravaged town of Moore
- Stand-up paddling is catching on
- FBI fatally shoots man in Boston bombing probe
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos