Laton man accused of sexual assault on Kings River
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A Laton man is facing sexual assault charges following an incident on the Kings River.
The Kings County Sheriff's Office says 49-year-old Douglas Cooper offered to take a 22-year-old woman on a ride on his jet ski last week. Investigators say Cooper took the woman to a secluded area of the river and sexually assaulted her.
Authorities say they fear that Cooper may have assaulted other women. If you have any information on other assaults, you're urged to call the Kings County Sheriff's Office.
kings river, laton, kings county, fresno county, sex crimes, crimetracker, local
- 5.7 earthquake strikes northeast of Chico
- BBQ101 at Caruthers High School
- Parlier homicide victim identified as Francisco Esquivel-Lucio
- Maldonado family sues Fresno over underground bike path
- Fire destroys the Oakhurst Lodge
- Fresno Police looking for robbery suspect
- Bicyclist hit by big rig in Madera County
- Jurors deadlock on Jodi Arias penalty
- Boy Scouts approve plan to accept openly gay boys
- Man allegedly downloads child porn at McDonald's
- Obama defends drone strikes but says no cure-all
- Crisis Map of Moore, Oklahoma Tornado Damage
- 4 arrested after exchanging gunfire with police
- Yellow Jacket iPhone stun gun case