Laton man accused of sexual assault on Kings River
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A Laton man is facing sexual assault charges following an incident on the Kings River.
The Kings County Sheriff's Office says 49-year-old Douglas Cooper offered to take a 22-year-old woman on a ride on his jet ski last week. Investigators say Cooper took the woman to a secluded area of the river and sexually assaulted her.
Authorities say they fear that Cooper may have assaulted other women. If you have any information on other assaults, you're urged to call the Kings County Sheriff's Office.
kings river, laton, kings county, fresno county, sex crimes, crimetracker, local
- Group finds 'structurally deficient' bridges in Central Valley 13 min ago
- Stabbing victim well known in the Tower District
- Fire truck overturns in multiple vehicle collision in SE Fresno
- Man arrested for death of baby girl at LNAS
- Dentist sentenced for son's dentist chair overdose 10 min ago
- Fresno's bike lane battle continues 34 min ago
- Lawmakers want to restore dental care to Medi-Cal
- Hotels helping displaced guests after Oakhurst Lodge fire
- Brad Pitt face blindness
- Clovis standoff ends peacefully, suspect in custody
- Top Valley grad rises from humble roots
- Three shot, two dead in Merced shooting
- Costco plans new store in Hanford
- Arrest made in Pinedale arson fires
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos