Fire at dollar store may have covered up burglary
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Authorities are searching for a person who they say intentionally set a fire to a store in Northwest Fresno early Tuesday morning.
Fresno fire says a person showed up to the Dollar Store on Shaw Ave. near Valentine just before 2 a.m. Tuesday morning and started a fire inside a small office area. Firefighters were able to put it out in less than ten minutes.
Fire officials believe the person was trying to cover up a burglary. The store owner said the suspect took off with money. No one was inside the store at the time.
fresno, fresno county, fresno northwest, crimetracker, fire, robbery, local
- Burglars steal firefighting tools from Forest Service
- Two dead after gunfire in the town of Lindcove
- Dinuba apartment manager arrested on forgery charges 14 min ago
- FS hires White as new Women's Basketball Coach
- FFD: Squatters likely causing dangerous fires
- Photos: Adorable meerkats befriend photographer
- Drought may impact farmers market prices
- Recycled water may ease drought concerns
- Valley teens on a spring break job hunt
- Kingsburg water meters change watering habits
- Former Bell city manager gets 12 years in prison
- 4 dead, 292 missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- Lemoore considers tough water rules
- Jenny McCarthy announces engagement on 'The View'