Fire at dollar store may have covered up burglary
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Authorities are searching for a person who they say intentionally set a fire to a store in Northwest Fresno early Tuesday morning.
Fresno fire says a person showed up to the Dollar Store on Shaw Ave. near Valentine just before 2 a.m. Tuesday morning and started a fire inside a small office area. Firefighters were able to put it out in less than ten minutes.
Fire officials believe the person was trying to cover up a burglary. The store owner said the suspect took off with money. No one was inside the store at the time.
fresno, fresno county, fresno northwest, crimetracker, fire, robbery, local
- Dog pack kills nearly 80 animals at campus
- Police investigate a home invasion in Central Fresno 53 min ago
- Kai murder investigation details revealed
- Mother of a Fresno toddler talks after hit-and-run
- Clovis resident whose car was used in police chase talks
- Fresno foster youth overcomes adversity to graduate
- Nearly 50 injured as Conn. commuter trains collide
- Eyewitness to Visalia OIS describes what he saw 10 min ago
- Brush fire in SoCal scorches 250 acres in Castaic area
- Frontier Airlines returns to Fresno
- Good Sports: Bulldogs in the Kitchen
- Grass fire contained in Fresno County
- Made in the Valley: Top O' The Morn Farms
- Suspect arrested after 2 county chase ends in crash
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos