Man hit by car crossing HWY 41 in Fresno
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A man suffered major injuries after a car hit him as he tried to cross Highway 41 in Northeast Fresno late Monday night.
The California Highway Patrol say the man was hit while walking his bike across the north bound lanes of Highway 41 near the Friant on-ramp around midnight. Authorities say the victim did not appear to be in a hurry to walk across the road.
The CHP says the man was taken to Community Regional Medical Center. His name has not yet been released.
It's not clear if he was under the influence at the time of the accident, but CHP officers say the man was carrying bear repellent and a bottle of vodka.
fresno northeast, fresno, fresno county, local
- Medical examiner: 24 dead in Oklahoma twister 5 min ago
- Impact of Oklahoma tornado devastation felt in Valley
- Teacher convicted of sex with student sentenced
- Fire breaks out at winery near Reedley
- Asparagus demand goes up as supply shrinks 33 min ago
- California cherry harvest begins 31 min ago
- California sheep ranchers face high costs, competition 27 min ago
- Tower District crimes attacked head-on
- Valley Works: Educational partnership providing opportunities
- FPU hopes Wilson is answer for women's hoops
- Experts say warm spring means more bugs
- Valley gets cutting-edge way to treat skin blemishes
- Search for new Fresno State president wrapping up
- Fowler High School holds college signing day
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos