Man hit by car crossing HWY 41 in Fresno
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A man suffered major injuries after a car hit him as he tried to cross Highway 41 in Northeast Fresno late Monday night.
The California Highway Patrol say the man was hit while walking his bike across the north bound lanes of Highway 41 near the Friant on-ramp around midnight. Authorities say the victim did not appear to be in a hurry to walk across the road.
The CHP says the man was taken to Community Regional Medical Center. His name has not yet been released.
It's not clear if he was under the influence at the time of the accident, but CHP officers say the man was carrying bear repellent and a bottle of vodka.
fresno northeast, fresno, fresno county, local
- Teacher shot at Edison High School in Fresno 2 min ago
- SoCal tour bus crash injures 22, kills 1
- Operation Bulldog cracks down on gang members
- Patriarch off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- Murders, car thefts, robberies up in Visalia other crimes down
- In-N-Out opens in Hanford
- Figure skating champ Boitano says he's gay
- Police arrest escaped Merced C.O. Jail inmate
- Target: 40M card accounts may be breached
- New Mexico Supreme Court: Same-sex marriage legal
- Elderly woman critically injured in Fresno house fire
- Fresno attorney reenacts testimony from Kai
- Man accused of killing Los Banos boy in crash changes plea
- Teen girl found dead in Madera County stream
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos