Truck hits big rig in deadly crash near Mendota
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A traffic collision turned deadly in Fresno County, after a big rig and a pick-up truck crashed.
The accident happened shortly after 9 p.m. Tuesday night on Highway 33 and Manning -- south of Mendota. Authorities say the truck had a stop sign, but the big rig did not. They believe the truck ran the stop sign and ended up sliding underneath the big rig.
The driver of the truck died. The driver of the big rig was not injured.
san joaquin, mendota, coalinga, fresno county, accident, local
- Video: Valentine closed near Ashlan due to police investigation 32 min ago
- Dustin Gran murder trial gets underway in Modesto
- Woman fatally struck by vehicle on Highway 180
- Fresno cracks down on stolen shopping carts
- Man sentenced in fatal Los Banos DUI crash
- Photos: 16th-century 'rocket cat' weaponry pictures
- Obama says Crimea separation would violate law
- Growers discuss issues at Citrus Showcase
- Consumer Reports: Beware of tax scams
- Downtown Fresno gas leak prompts evacuations
- Russian power play: Crimea vote on joining Russia
- George Radanovich to announce he won't run for governor
- Business leaders discuss drought impact
- Fresno man pleads guilty to murdering father
- Accuweather Forecast
46 min ago