Fresno man found bound, held down, during traffic stop
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Two men are in jail for trying to kidnap another man from his Southeast Fresno home.
Fresno Police say they pulled over a red Chevy Blazer for speeding on Kings Canyon and DeWitt. That's when they saw a man in the back seat holding down a third man who was tied up. Police say the 20-year-old man's hands, legs and torso were bound with duct tape.
Authorities say the driver and the man in the back seat are twin brothers. They've been identified as Ulysses and Daniel Carrillo, and both are Bulldog gang members.
Fresno Police say Daniel and the victim are actually roommates. Police are still trying to figure out the motive behind the kidnapping.
"It's really unknown what the suspects were going to do with the victim, we don't know if this was the beginning of a robbery or the beginning of a murder. But we do know that the victim was kidnapped by suspects and was taken away from his residence," said Lt. Anthony Martinez with the Fresno Police Department.
Officers say the victim broke the back window in an attempt to escape and suffered minor injuries, but is doing okay. He was taken to police headquarters for questioning.
crimetracker, kidnapping, fresno southeast, fresno, fresno county, local
- Fresno City Manager Mark Scott resigns
- F-15 Fighter Jet touches down in Fresno
- James helps Heat stave off elimination in Game 6
- Treatment of mentally ill inmates in jail under scrutiny
- Porterville to vote on gay pride proclamation
- Dave Chappelle is back with new Funny or Die tour
- Cancer killed serial killer Richard Ramirez
- Fresno family's dream comes true
- Grapes become Fresno Co 1st billion dollar crop
- Starbucks to post calorie counts for drinks
- Officer involved shooting in Visalia
- Teresa Ceja and Jose Velarde guilty of murder
- Special Olympics torch run through Fresno County
- Summer food programs offer meals to children