Fresno man found bound, held down, during traffic stop
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Two men are in jail for trying to kidnap another man from his Southeast Fresno home.
Fresno Police say they pulled over a red Chevy Blazer for speeding on Kings Canyon and DeWitt. That's when they saw a man in the back seat holding down a third man who was tied up. Police say the 20-year-old man's hands, legs and torso were bound with duct tape.
Authorities say the driver and the man in the back seat are twin brothers. They've been identified as Ulysses and Daniel Carrillo, and both are Bulldog gang members.
Fresno Police say Daniel and the victim are actually roommates. Police are still trying to figure out the motive behind the kidnapping.
"It's really unknown what the suspects were going to do with the victim, we don't know if this was the beginning of a robbery or the beginning of a murder. But we do know that the victim was kidnapped by suspects and was taken away from his residence," said Lt. Anthony Martinez with the Fresno Police Department.
Officers say the victim broke the back window in an attempt to escape and suffered minor injuries, but is doing okay. He was taken to police headquarters for questioning.
crimetracker, kidnapping, fresno southeast, fresno, fresno county, local
- Dr. Joe Castro named new Fresno State president
- FBI fatally shoots man in Boston bombing probe
- David Cameron: London attack could be terror
- Family rocked by a violent tragedy finds comfort
- Crabtree may have a torn Achilles tendon 41 min ago
- Arsonist believed to be on the loose near Orange Cove
- Mother of convicted rapist attacks ABC30 camera
- Ben Bernanke signals Fed to maintain stimulus efforts
- Eric Garcetti elected Los Angeles mayor
- LA voters back measure to cap number of pot shops
- US home sales tick up to highest in 3 ½ years
- Senate panel approves immigration bill
- Newest 'Dancing' winner crowned
- Photos: Dancing with the Stars Finals