Valley veteran's home gets a makeover
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A Fresno World War II veteran is one step closer to getting his home completely renovated thanks to a local non-profit.
Action News was in Central Fresno's Lowell neighborhood Wednesday morning where a collaboration between Home Depot and the Fresno Urban Neighborhood Development corporation worked on a 90-year-old home.
The home improvement giant provided $22 thousand worth of materials and labor. The home belongs to World War II veteran Carlos Torres who's lived there for 50 of those years.
The goal is to get this home retrofitted and ready to go by September 11th.
fresno, fresno county, local, tommy tran
- Group finds 'structurally deficient' bridges in Valley
- Stabbing victim well known in the Tower District
- Fire truck overturns in collision in SE Fresno
- Man arrested for death of baby girl at LNAS
- Good Sports: Kensuke Tanaka
- Dentist sentenced for son's dentist chair overdose
- Fresno's bike lane battle continues
- Lawmakers want to restore dental care to Medi-Cal
- Hotels helping displaced guests after Oakhurst Lodge fire
- Brad Pitt face blindness
- Clovis standoff ends peacefully, suspect in custody
- Top Valley grad rises from humble roots
- Three shot, two dead in Merced shooting
- Costco plans new store in Hanford