FPD investigate vandalism at police substation
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A vandalism spree at a Fresno police substation has investigators working Friday night to find out who slashed dozens of tires and covered patrol cars with graffiti.
The suspect or suspects had to scale a fence to get in. It happened sometime overnight and police aren't saying much about the crime spree that ended with thousands of dollars in damages.
It took hours Friday morning to replace dozens of flat tires at the Northeast Fresno police substation... 50 tires were slashed... And 26 patrol cars were vandalized. Anti-police messages were also spray painted on cars before the suspect or suspects got away.
Burke Farrah of the Fresno Police Department said, "The crooks know what they did. We know what they did. We're asking for the public's help. If the public saw anything overnight at the Northeast district at Cedar and Teague."
Top officials at the Fresno Police Department say they are taking this crime personally. They did not want us to show you the messages the vandals left, but none of the graffiti indicated the suspect or people responsible are part of a gang or tagging crew. Investigators are trying to narrow down who may be responsible and the motive.
Police will not say if the parking lot has surveillance cameras or if they have identified any suspects, but based on the amount of damage during a short time period, its likely more than one person is to blame.
"A substantial reward will be provided if we have an arrest for this act of vandalism against the citizens of the city of Fresno," Farrah said.
Damages are still being calculated. The graffiti removal team was also out here cleaning up the mess. One officer's personal motorcycle was also vandalized during the crime spree.
fresno northeast, fresno police department, local, sontaya rose
- Man found dead with gunshot wounds in Visalia
- Triple stabbing in East Central Fresno
- FDA proposes first regulations for e-cigarettes 38 min ago
- Visalia Police: Street racer crashes into mattress store
- Fire sprinklers cause flooding at FCOE after small fire
- Sanger police chase ends in crash
- Israel halts peace talks with Palestinians
- Man killed in rollover crash near Caruthers
- Wyoming gas explosion prompts evacuation of town
- Clashes in east Ukraine leave at least 2 dead
- Activists: Syrian airstrikes in north kill 18
- Scientists locate 19th century steamship in SF Bay
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save daughter during attack
- Man worried 'MURDER' tattoo might hurt his case