Hanford teens arrested in robbery investigation
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Hanford police have arrested eight teenagers for a string of armed robberies in the city in June.
The attacks happened at four locations including two quick shop markets between June 18 and 25.
Police say each time the suspects came up to a person who was alone. None of the victims were seriously injured.
On Tuesday the police department put a task force together that quickly identified the suspects and began making arrests.
Three of the people arrested were over the age of 18 and the five others were all underage but will be tried as adults.
Investigators say all of the suspects have ties to local gangs.
hanford, kings county, robbery, theft, crimetracker, local
- Juvenile seriously injured in Planada shooting 11 min ago
- Helicopter crashes while warming citrus grove
- Man arrested after a shooting spree in Fresno
- Freeze affects Valley's $1.5 billion citrus industry
- Truck driver pinned while making delivery in Fresno
- Pulmonary Rehab: Healing with music
- Derek Carr not on Heisman Trophy finalist list
- Surviving the mall's food court
- 18 LA sheriff's deputies face US charges
- Selma High grad, Bobby Cox, elected to Hall of Fame
- 3 cars and FAX bus involved in crash
- Hanford man found dead inside a car in Armona
- Deputies search for missing 31-year-old Fresno man
- Fatal car accident kills pedestrian in Merced