Mothers-to-be model maternity attire in Fresno
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A unique casting call in Fresno's Fig Garden Village brought out dozens of women hoping to take part in an upcoming photo shoot. The only requirement: a pregnant belly.
Birthday Suit Maternity held a casting call at Gaga Chic on Saturday looking for models to show off their latest styles of birthing dresses.
The dresses are locally made and give moms-to-be a stylish alternative to hospital gowns.
"They're fully functional for hospital access, for whatever procedures they need, whatever they need to do, plus easy access for breast feeding and skin on skin. Plus they look great in photos!" Kristy Dixon of Birthday Suit Maternity said.
More than 60 women showed up for the casting call, and those selected will participate in a photo shoot on July 12.
While the company hoped to see baby bumps of all sizes the hope is the babies can wait until after that photo shoot to arrive.
- Fire destroys the Oakhurst Lodge
- 4 arrested after exchanging gunfire with police
- Yellow Jacket iPhone stun gun case
- Valley home invasion suspect arrested in Reno
- Fresno baby born on the way to Clovis Community
- Unemployment applications fall by 23,000
- Fresno pot shop closes amid ABC30 investigation
- New Fresno State president has strong Valley roots
- Dr. Joe Castro named new Fresno State president
- Authorities investigate a homicide in Fresno Co.
- Merced County launches Citizen Alert system
- Budget improvements for Fresno Unified
- Andy Vidak wins 16th State Senate District
- Former Bullard Star Taylor Gets Coaching Start at Kerman
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos