Mothers-to-be model maternity attire in Fresno
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A unique casting call in Fresno's Fig Garden Village brought out dozens of women hoping to take part in an upcoming photo shoot. The only requirement: a pregnant belly.
Birthday Suit Maternity held a casting call at Gaga Chic on Saturday looking for models to show off their latest styles of birthing dresses.
The dresses are locally made and give moms-to-be a stylish alternative to hospital gowns.
"They're fully functional for hospital access, for whatever procedures they need, whatever they need to do, plus easy access for breast feeding and skin on skin. Plus they look great in photos!" Kristy Dixon of Birthday Suit Maternity said.
More than 60 women showed up for the casting call, and those selected will participate in a photo shoot on July 12.
While the company hoped to see baby bumps of all sizes the hope is the babies can wait until after that photo shoot to arrive.
- Target: 40M card accounts may be breached
- Elderly woman critically injured in Fresno house fire
- Operation Bulldog cracks down on gang members
- Fresno attorney reenacts testimony from Kai
- Man accused of killing Los Banos boy in crash changes plea
- Teen girl found dead in Madera County stream
- Homicide investigated at Porterville Developmental Center
- Valley schools prepare for new transgender law
- Valley business gear up for next Fresno State game
- FUSD improves nationally but still behind peers
- Wood burning contributes to bad air quality in the Valley
- Bad air keeps some Valley students indoors
- Health Watch: Pinpointing prostate cancer
- The new year will mean a new sheriff for Merced County
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos