Mothers-to-be model maternity attire in Fresno
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A unique casting call in Fresno's Fig Garden Village brought out dozens of women hoping to take part in an upcoming photo shoot. The only requirement: a pregnant belly.
Birthday Suit Maternity held a casting call at Gaga Chic on Saturday looking for models to show off their latest styles of birthing dresses.
The dresses are locally made and give moms-to-be a stylish alternative to hospital gowns.
"They're fully functional for hospital access, for whatever procedures they need, whatever they need to do, plus easy access for breast feeding and skin on skin. Plus they look great in photos!" Kristy Dixon of Birthday Suit Maternity said.
More than 60 women showed up for the casting call, and those selected will participate in a photo shoot on July 12.
While the company hoped to see baby bumps of all sizes the hope is the babies can wait until after that photo shoot to arrive.
- 700 Carstens Fire evacuees will be allowed home
- Sierra Fire near Auberry at 50 percent containment
- Firefighters save home north of Clovis
- Resources stretched thin as fires ignite around the Valley
- Grapes become Fresno County's 1st billion dollar crop
- Officer involved shooting in Visalia
- Teresa Ceja and Jose Velarde guilty of murder
- Special Olympics torch run through Fresno County
- Summer food programs offer meals to children
- Fresno looks for cost savings after Measure G fails
- FPD seize weapons from gang members
- Car Crashes into a Visalia Chipotle
- Man finds Reedley mother's stolen ashes
- Police identify Central Fresno murder suspect