Two dead after Madera Co crash
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Two people were killed Sunday morning when the car they were in ran a stop sign and slammed into another car.
The crash happened at Avenue 18 1/2 and Road 16 just before 5:30 a.m.
The California Highway Patrol says 21-year-old Omar Hernandez of Planada was driving the car that ran the stop sign.
Two of his passengers were killed. Hernandez received major injuries and was taken to Community Regional Medical Center.
Three people in the other car were also taken to a hospital. Investigators do not think alcohol is to blame for the crash.
madera county, accident, local
- Man found dead with gunshot wounds in Visalia 23 min ago
- Triple stabbing in East Central Fresno
- Visalia Police: Street racer crashes into mattress store
- Fire sprinklers cause flooding at FCOE after small fire
- Sanger police chase ends in crash
- Israel halts peace talks with Palestinians
- Man killed in rollover crash near Caruthers
- Wyoming gas explosion prompts evacuation of town
- Clashes in east Ukraine leave at least 2 dead
- Activists: Syrian airstrikes in north kill 18
- Scientists locate 19th century steamship in SF Bay
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save daughter during attack
- Man worried 'MURDER' tattoo might hurt his case
- Clovis mother writes 'It's Ok, Mama Has Cancer'