Kings River drowning victim near Reedley Beach ID'd
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- The identity of the man who drowned in the Kings River over the weekend has been released.
Reedley police say 35-year-old Antonio Orosco, 35, of Dinuba went under the water near Reedley Beach around six o'clock Sunday night.
Investigators say Orosco was trying to swim to the other side of the river when he likely became exhausted.
Witnesses tell Action News, Orosco yelled for help, that's when two other men jumped into the water to try to help him, but the current was just too quick for them.
Police say it doesn't appear as if Orosco was drinking alcohol before he went into the water.
reedley, fresno county, drowning, kings river, local
- Deputies shoot at suspect after patrol car rammed
- Senator: CIA improperly searched computer network
- Crimea's parliament pushes for independence
- California AG promotes bills to reduce truancy
- Obama's surprise turn on 'Between Two Ferns'
- Trash dispute apparently led to fatal shooting
- Interpol shows image of 2 Iranians on missing jet
- Photos: Countdown: The 25 highest-paid musicians
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- Robot helps in design of High-Speed Rail
- George the Giraffe thanks kind students
- 'Sextortion' suspect set for freedom
- Search widens for missing Malaysian passenger jet
- Madera Co. shooting tied to drugs, investigators say
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos