Kings River drowning victim near Reedley Beach ID'd
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- The identity of the man who drowned in the Kings River over the weekend has been released.
Reedley police say 35-year-old Antonio Orosco, 35, of Dinuba went under the water near Reedley Beach around six o'clock Sunday night.
Investigators say Orosco was trying to swim to the other side of the river when he likely became exhausted.
Witnesses tell Action News, Orosco yelled for help, that's when two other men jumped into the water to try to help him, but the current was just too quick for them.
Police say it doesn't appear as if Orosco was drinking alcohol before he went into the water.
reedley, fresno county, drowning, kings river, local
- 4.1 earthquake shakes the Central Valley
- Fresno City Council holds public hearing on Westlake development
- Vigil held for victims of gang violence in Porterville
- Former Clovis cop will face domestic violence trial
- LA psychic, husband charged with curse scam 30 min ago
- California prostitutes win victim compensation 30 min ago
- Chaos, gunbattles, hungry kids in Central African Republic 30 min ago
- Lawmakers frustrated, optimistic about farm bill 30 min ago
- FUSD fears losing millions for low-income students
- Marathoner Fresno police officer outruns serial burglar
- Gang member arrested after ABC30 story comment
- Clovis crash leaves motorcycle rider in critical condition
- How to make Christmas cookies and cocktails
- Merced Co. industrial explosion kills 1, injures 2