Police in Orange Cove confirm fatal officer-involved shooting
ORANGE COVE, Calif. (KFSN) -- An investigation is underway after two Orange Cove Police officers shot and killed a man at an Orange Cove home Tuesday.
The shooting happened near 4th and Railroad after police responded to a call of a suicidal subject. Investigators from the Fresno County Sheriff's Department said Orange Cove officers arrived at the scene and opened fire shortly after they made contact with the man.
At this point, investigators haven't released what led up to the shooting but police had been to the home before. "There was a family member that called because the invididual was acting out in such a way that it caused concern for the family and from what I understand, again this is all preliminary, the police have been out here before, they do have a history with this individual," said Fresno County Sheriff's Department Detective Leo Lopez.
Investigators haven't said whether the man was armed or released any details about his identity. The two officers involved were not injured in the incident.
officer involved shooting, fresno county, orange cove, local, amanda perez
- Teen who was shot at Colorado school dies 46 min ago
- USC routs No. 21 Fresno St 45-20 in Las Vegas Bowl 55 min ago
- Madera family files claim against city of Los Angeles
- Judge orders hospital to keep teen on support
- Fresno Poverello House in need of toys for kids
- Fresno State program gets students interested in STEM classes
- Parlier students get iPad Airs
- Ryann Jones found guilty of second degree murder
- Royal Purple Las Vegas Bowl: Chance for 'Dogs to break bowl...
- Fire burns Three Rivers landmark
- Valley stores open extra hour for holiday rush
- Senator Harry Reid in hospital for observation
- Man charged in Elbow Room fight pleads not guilty
- Obama: 2014 can be breakthrough year for US
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos