Police in Orange Cove confirm fatal officer-involved shooting
ORANGE COVE, Calif. (KFSN) -- An investigation is underway after two Orange Cove Police officers shot and killed a man at an Orange Cove home Tuesday.
The shooting happened near 4th and Railroad after police responded to a call of a suicidal subject. Investigators from the Fresno County Sheriff's Department said Orange Cove officers arrived at the scene and opened fire shortly after they made contact with the man.
At this point, investigators haven't released what led up to the shooting but police had been to the home before. "There was a family member that called because the invididual was acting out in such a way that it caused concern for the family and from what I understand, again this is all preliminary, the police have been out here before, they do have a history with this individual," said Fresno County Sheriff's Department Detective Leo Lopez.
Investigators haven't said whether the man was armed or released any details about his identity. The two officers involved were not injured in the incident.
officer involved shooting, fresno county, orange cove, local, amanda perez
- Valley man kills intruder with samurai sword
- Welty's final commencement at Fresno State
- Dog pack kills nearly 80 animals at campus
- Kai murder investigation details revealed
- Police investigate a home invasion in Central Fresno
- Mother of a Fresno toddler talks after hit-and-run
- Car crashes into a parade injuring around 60 people
- Conn. commuter train crash injures more than 60
- Brush fire in Southern California scorches 575 acres
- Pastor caught watching child porn at Disney World
- Clovis resident whose car was used in police chase talks
- Fresno foster youth overcomes adversity to graduate
- Eyewitness to Visalia OIS describes what he saw
- Frontier Airlines returns to Fresno
- Accuweather Forecast
42 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos