Family displaced by Central Fresno blaze
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A Fresno family is spending the Fourth of July without a home following an overnight fire.
Authorities say the fire started at a home on Madison Avenue near Cedar in Central Fresno right before midnight.
Fresno fire says a couple and their three kids were outside the home watering their plants when they noticed smoke coming out of the roof.
Authorities say the house did not have any working fire detectors. Investigators say no one was injured and the fire appears to be electrical.
Fresno fire had to remove the entire ceiling of the house to make sure the fire would not spread to the rest of the house.
The family is now staying with family members.
fresno, fresno central, fresno county, fire, local
- Group finds 'structurally deficient' bridges in Valley
- Stabbing victim well known in the Tower District
- Fire truck overturns in collision in SE Fresno
- Man arrested for death of baby girl at LNAS
- Are there enough police officers in Visalia?
- Good Sports: Kensuke Tanaka
- Dentist sentenced for son's dentist chair overdose
- Fresno's bike lane battle continues
- Lawmakers want to restore dental care to Medi-Cal
- Hotels helping displaced guests after Oakhurst Lodge fire
- Brad Pitt face blindness
- Clovis standoff ends peacefully, suspect in custody
- Top Valley grad rises from humble roots
- Three shot, two dead in Merced shooting