Motorcycle rider killed in Rolinda crash
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A motorcycle rider is dead after a high speed crash in Fresno County overnight.
The accident happened on Whitesbridge Avenue in the Fresno County town of Rolinda around midnight Tuesday.
The Highway Patrol says the man was speeding when his motorcycle hit a Cadillac in front of him.
Authorities are still looking into whether alcohol played a role in the crash.
The man was taken to Community Regional Medical Center with life-threatening injuries but later died.
"He got severe injuries so there's a possibility that he may succumb to his injuries, so we're doing a thorough investigation here at the scene," Sgt. Jeremy Key of the CHP said.
A couple and a child were inside the Cadillac but were not injured. The name of the motorcycle rider has not yet been released.
rolinda, fresno county, accident, local
- Ordnance rendered safe; Solvang evacuations lifted 7 min ago
- Valley cities among those where residents feel least safe
- Burglars steal firefighting tools from Forest Service
- Two dead after gunfire in the town of Lindcove
- Missing kid found stuck in coin-operated game
- Fresno County jail inmate death labeled a homicide
- Dinuba apartment manager arrested on forgery charges
- FS hires White as new Women's Basketball Coach 45 min ago
- Honey oil safety class for firefighters in Fresno
- FFD: Squatters likely causing dangerous fires
- Photos: Adorable meerkats befriend photographer
- Drought may impact farmers market prices
- Recycled water may ease drought concerns
- Valley teens on a spring break job hunt
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos