Motorcycle rider killed in Rolinda crash
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A motorcycle rider is dead after a high speed crash in Fresno County overnight.
The accident happened on Whitesbridge Avenue in the Fresno County town of Rolinda around midnight Tuesday.
The Highway Patrol says the man was speeding when his motorcycle hit a Cadillac in front of him.
Authorities are still looking into whether alcohol played a role in the crash.
The man was taken to Community Regional Medical Center with life-threatening injuries but later died.
"He got severe injuries so there's a possibility that he may succumb to his injuries, so we're doing a thorough investigation here at the scene," Sgt. Jeremy Key of the CHP said.
A couple and a child were inside the Cadillac but were not injured. The name of the motorcycle rider has not yet been released.
rolinda, fresno county, accident, local
- Woman dies in NE Fresno officer-involved shooting
- Parlier man shot and killed; neighbor arrested
- China-bound Malaysian jet vanishes with 239 aboard
- Crews battle large fire at Fresno County warehouse
- Man dies after being hit by train in Downtown Fresno
- Report: Ukraine base in Crimea under siege
- Man who inspired Three Strikes law may be sentenced under it
- Fresno PD: Man sitting in street struck, killed by car
- Unemployment figures: Slight economic improvement
- California jury deadlocks in ex-NFL player's death
- Near drownings on the rise
- Students take part in robot competition in Madera
- SubCom companies thinking inside the box
- CIF Central Section Basketball Finals
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos