Motorcycle rider killed in Rolinda crash
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A motorcycle rider is dead after a high speed crash in Fresno County overnight.
The accident happened on Whitesbridge Avenue in the Fresno County town of Rolinda around midnight Tuesday.
The Highway Patrol says the man was speeding when his motorcycle hit a Cadillac in front of him.
Authorities are still looking into whether alcohol played a role in the crash.
The man was taken to Community Regional Medical Center with life-threatening injuries but later died.
"He got severe injuries so there's a possibility that he may succumb to his injuries, so we're doing a thorough investigation here at the scene," Sgt. Jeremy Key of the CHP said.
A couple and a child were inside the Cadillac but were not injured. The name of the motorcycle rider has not yet been released.
rolinda, fresno county, accident, local
- 5.7 earthquake strikes northeast of Chico
- BBQ101 at Caruthers High School
- Parlier homicide victim identified as Francisco Esquivel-Lucio
- Maldonado family sues Fresno over underground bike path
- Fire destroys the Oakhurst Lodge
- Fresno Police looking for robbery suspect
- Bicyclist hit by big rig in Madera County
- Jurors deadlock on Jodi Arias penalty
- Boy Scouts approve plan to accept openly gay boys
- Man allegedly downloads child porn at McDonald's
- Obama defends drone strikes but says no cure-all
- Crisis Map of Moore, Oklahoma Tornado Damage
- 4 arrested after exchanging gunfire with police
- Yellow Jacket iPhone stun gun case