Motorcycle rider killed in Rolinda crash
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A motorcycle rider is dead after a high speed crash in Fresno County overnight.
The accident happened on Whitesbridge Avenue in the Fresno County town of Rolinda around midnight Tuesday.
The Highway Patrol says the man was speeding when his motorcycle hit a Cadillac in front of him.
Authorities are still looking into whether alcohol played a role in the crash.
The man was taken to Community Regional Medical Center with life-threatening injuries but later died.
"He got severe injuries so there's a possibility that he may succumb to his injuries, so we're doing a thorough investigation here at the scene," Sgt. Jeremy Key of the CHP said.
A couple and a child were inside the Cadillac but were not injured. The name of the motorcycle rider has not yet been released.
rolinda, fresno county, accident, local
- Edison High School ROP teacher shot in classroom
- Copper thieves flood Tower District businesses
- Spencer Scarber denied new trial in rape case
- Authorities file charges in Elbow Room beating
- Valley experts give advice after Target accounts hacked
- SoCal tour bus crash injures 22, kills 1
- Consumer Watch: Handheld video gaming devices
- Operation Bulldog cracks down on gang members
- Freeze impacts one Valley farmer's tropical fruit harvest
- Patriarch off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- In-N-Out opens in Hanford
- City of Fresno hiring to help city development
- Dozens injured at partial London theater collapse
- Murders, car thefts, robberies up in Visalia other crimes down
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos