Central Fresno fire destroys family's home
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A family of eight is without a home after a fire destroyed their home and injured one firefighter.
Firefighters say they got the fire call around 9 a.m. Thursday morning at College and Voorman in Central Fresno. They arrived and found flames shooting from the attic.
At one point the fire flashed and injured a fire fighter on the hand. He was taken to the hospital and checked out.
There is no word on what caused the fire and no damage estimate yet, although Fresno Fire says the home is a total loss. The Red Cross is helping a family of 8, including two children find a place to stay.
fresno, fresno central, fresno county, fire, local
- Get the Winning Numbers for Powerball! 46 min ago
- Valley man kills intruder with samurai sword
- Welty's final commencement at Fresno State
- Kai murder investigation details revealed
- Police investigate a home invasion in Central Fresno
- Mother of a Fresno toddler talks after hit-and-run
- Car crashes into a parade injuring around 60 people
- Conn. commuter train crash injures more than 60
- Brush fire in Southern California scorches 575 acres
- Pastor caught watching child porn at Disney World
- Clovis resident whose car was used in police chase talks
- Fresno foster youth overcomes adversity to graduate
- Eyewitness to Visalia OIS describes what he saw
- Frontier Airlines returns to Fresno
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos