Central Fresno fire destroys family's home
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A family of eight is without a home after a fire destroyed their home and injured one firefighter.
Firefighters say they got the fire call around 9 a.m. Thursday morning at College and Voorman in Central Fresno. They arrived and found flames shooting from the attic.
At one point the fire flashed and injured a fire fighter on the hand. He was taken to the hospital and checked out.
There is no word on what caused the fire and no damage estimate yet, although Fresno Fire says the home is a total loss. The Red Cross is helping a family of 8, including two children find a place to stay.
fresno, fresno central, fresno county, fire, local
- Madera family files claim against city of Los Angeles
- The Red Wave hits the road
- Judge orders hospital to keep teen on support
- Police search for suspects who shot a Fresno teacher
- Fresno State program gets students interested in STEM classes
- Parlier students get iPad Airs
- Ryann Jones found guilty of second degree murder
- Royal Purple Las Vegas Bowl: Chance for 'Dogs to break bowl...
- Fire burns Three Rivers landmark
- Valley stores open extra hour for holiday rush
- Senator Harry Reid in hospital for observation
- Man charged in Elbow Room fight pleads not guilty
- Obama: 2014 can be breakthrough year for US
- Spencer Scarber denied new trial in rape case
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos