Central Fresno fire destroys family's home
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A family of eight is without a home after a fire destroyed their home and injured one firefighter.
Firefighters say they got the fire call around 9 a.m. Thursday morning at College and Voorman in Central Fresno. They arrived and found flames shooting from the attic.
At one point the fire flashed and injured a fire fighter on the hand. He was taken to the hospital and checked out.
There is no word on what caused the fire and no damage estimate yet, although Fresno Fire says the home is a total loss. The Red Cross is helping a family of 8, including two children find a place to stay.
fresno, fresno central, fresno county, fire, local
- Fatal crash closes Valentine Ave north of Ashlan 34 min ago
- Dustin Gran murder trial gets underway in Modesto
- Woman fatally struck by vehicle on Highway 180
- Fresno cracks down on stolen shopping carts
- Con man steals millions from elderly 54 min ago
- Man sentenced in fatal Los Banos DUI crash
- Photos: 16th-century 'rocket cat' weaponry pictures
- Obama says Crimea separation would violate law
- Growers discuss issues at Citrus Showcase
- Consumer Reports: Beware of tax scams
- Downtown Fresno gas leak prompts evacuations
- Russian power play: Crimea vote on joining Russia
- George Radanovich to announce he won't run for governor
- Business leaders discuss drought impact