Man claims deadly shooting near Delhi was accidental
MERCED COUNTY, Calif. (KFSN) -- A Merced County man is in jail, charged with shooting a woman to death.
The shooting happened around 8 p.m. Wednesday night at a home on Griffith near Schendel in Merced County.
Merced County investigators say 21-yearold Fabio Mendonca claims the shooting was accidental. A family friend says Mendonca was cleaning a gun when it fired the fatal shot.
Investigators spent the overnight hours collecting evidence. The identity of the victim has not been released.
delhi, merced county, turlock, livingston, shooting, homicide, local
- Dog pack kills nearly 80 animals at campus
- Police investigate a home invasion in Central Fresno
- Kai murder investigation details revealed
- Mother of a Fresno toddler talks after hit-and-run
- Conn. commuter train crash injures more than 60
- Brush fire in Southern California scorches 575 acres
- Pastor caught watching child porn at Disney World
- Clovis resident whose car was used in police chase talks
- Fresno foster youth overcomes adversity to graduate
- Eyewitness to Visalia OIS describes what he saw
- Frontier Airlines returns to Fresno
- Good Sports: Bulldogs in the Kitchen
- Grass fire contained in Fresno County
- Made in the Valley: Top O' The Morn Farms
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos