Man claims deadly shooting near Delhi was accidental
MERCED COUNTY, Calif. (KFSN) -- A Merced County man is in jail, charged with shooting a woman to death.
The shooting happened around 8 p.m. Wednesday night at a home on Griffith near Schendel in Merced County.
Merced County investigators say 21-yearold Fabio Mendonca claims the shooting was accidental. A family friend says Mendonca was cleaning a gun when it fired the fatal shot.
Investigators spent the overnight hours collecting evidence. The identity of the victim has not been released.
delhi, merced county, turlock, livingston, shooting, homicide, local
- Community bands together for Officer Jon Linzey
- High court upholds Delta Smelt protection
- Fresno cop investigated for auto theft, drugs
- Man missing near Shaver Lake found alive and well
- More than 400 guns were seized in SoCal
- Family headed to DC for father's Medal of Honor
- Valley Sikhs speak out on bullying report
- Police fight spike in Tower District crime
- Peach Blossom Festival growing each year
- Merced authorities see rise in honey oil explosions
- Musical mavericks make waves
- Pet Adoption of the Week: Lady Bug
- Fallout from Target's data breach
- Street sweeper finds shooting victim in Fresno