Mountain climber found dead near Yosemite
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Authorities recovered the body of a missing hiker near Yosemite National Park.
Michael Ybarra, 45, was a freelance writer from the Los Angeles area who worked for the Wall Street Journal as an extreme sports correspondent.
He was said to be an experienced mountain climber. Ybarra reportedly set out by himself early Saturday for a very technical climb in the rugged Sawtooth Ridge area north of Yosemite.
Ybarra was scheduled to return by Sunday evening, but died in a fall. His body was recovered Wednesday.
yosemite national park, local
- Deputies shoot at suspect after patrol car rammed 28 min ago
- Senator: CIA improperly searched computer network
- Crimea's parliament pushes for independence 11 min ago
- California AG promotes bills to reduce truancy
- Trash dispute apparently led to fatal shooting
- Interpol shows image of 2 Iranians on missing jet
- Photos: Countdown: The 25 highest-paid musicians
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- Robot helps in design of High-Speed Rail
- George the Giraffe thanks kind students
- 'Sextortion' suspect set for freedom
- Search widens for missing Malaysian passenger jet
- Madera Co. shooting tied to drugs, investigators say
- Homeowners asked to prepare for busy fire season
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos