Valley residents struggle to beat the heat
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A heat wave is moving into Central California bringing a week of triple digit temperatures with it.
Many Valley residents are just trying to cool off.
Because it's so hot outside, dozens of families spent Saturday cooling off at Todd Beamer Park. The park is just one of several place people go to when temperatures rise above 100 degrees.
As the Valley temperature hits one hundred degrees for the first of several days families are trying to stay cool while still soaking up the sun.
"We live close by, so we're here frequently, especially when it's over 100 degrees," Kim Keathley of Fresno said.
Keathley says her kids want to be outside and since they don't have a pool at home they have to venture out.
Also on the list for parents - a cool spot indoors.
Many are spending part of their day at the Regal Theater in Clovis.
Tickets for some not-so-recently released movies just $3.
"Oh, it's so hot out. The prices are right here, so why not go in and relax, let the girls play and visit and be cool," Julie Morgan of Clovis said.
No matter where you go, as long as the kids are happy and cool so are parents, especially when that costs little to nothing.
"It's a nice place for them to get out. If they get bored they have the playground, too," Jeremy Meldrum of Clovis said. "It's nice to have something that doesn't cost money."
fresno, fresno county, heat wave, local, rick montanez
- USC defeats Fresno St 45-20 in Las Vegas Bowl
- Teen who was shot at Colorado school dies
- Madera family files claim against city of Los Angeles
- Police search for suspects who shot a Fresno teacher
- Things you didn't know about reindeer 28 min ago
- Man charged in Elbow Room fight pleads not guilty
- Fresno Poverello House in need of toys for kids
- Fresno State program gets students interested in STEM classes
- Parlier students get iPad Airs
- Ryann Jones found guilty of second degree murder
- Royal Purple Las Vegas Bowl: Chance for 'Dogs to break bowl...
- Fire burns Three Rivers landmark
- Valley stores open extra hour for holiday rush
- Senator Harry Reid in hospital for observation
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos