Man arrested in Fresno kidnapping, carjacking case
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Fresno Police have arrested a man for allegedly kidnapping a person, robbing him, and then taking his car.
The kidnapping and carjacking happened June 28th at a Carl's Junior restaurant at McKinley and Abby in Central Fresno. Police say the victim has a business that consists of purchasing and selling gold.
Investigators say 36-year-old Oscar Morales called the victim claiming to have gold to sell. During the transaction, he allegedly pointed a gun at the victim's head and kidnapped him. The victim was taken a short distance away, then robbed and car-jacked.
Sunday morning officers arrested Morales at a motel in Selma. They say he is a known gang member and has previous convictions for car jacking and kidnapping.
kidnapping, carjacking, selma, fresno, fresno county, fresno central, local
- USGS: 6.9 earthquake hits 50 miles west of Eureka
- Vietnam says cannot find object from missing jet
- Police: Man killed in Fresno gang-related shooting
- Man accused of killing Parlier coach identified
- 1 arrested, 1 sought after Visalia Save Mart robbery
- Woman fatally shot by Fresno police identified
- Mexico government 100 pct sure drug capo killed
- 2 dozen injured as California school stage falls
- New Target store opens in Northwest Fresno
- Pistorius trial: Stunning testimony in 1st week
- Putin defends separatist drive in Crimea as legal
- Lions owner William Clay Ford dies at 88
- Free health care enrollment fair held in Fresno
- 3D printer and Twitter used to make Oreo cookies