Man arrested in Fresno kidnapping, carjacking case
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Fresno Police have arrested a man for allegedly kidnapping a person, robbing him, and then taking his car.
The kidnapping and carjacking happened June 28th at a Carl's Junior restaurant at McKinley and Abby in Central Fresno. Police say the victim has a business that consists of purchasing and selling gold.
Investigators say 36-year-old Oscar Morales called the victim claiming to have gold to sell. During the transaction, he allegedly pointed a gun at the victim's head and kidnapped him. The victim was taken a short distance away, then robbed and car-jacked.
Sunday morning officers arrested Morales at a motel in Selma. They say he is a known gang member and has previous convictions for car jacking and kidnapping.
kidnapping, carjacking, selma, fresno, fresno county, fresno central, local
- Target: 40M card accounts may be breached
- SoCal tour bus crash injures 22, kills 1 34 min ago
- Operation Bulldog cracks down on gang members
- Dozens injured at partial London theater collapse
- Figure skating champ Boitano says he's gay
- Police arrest escaped Merced C.O. Jail inmate
- New Mexico Supreme Court: Same-sex marriage legal
- Elderly woman critically injured in Fresno house fire
- Fresno attorney reenacts testimony from Kai
- Man accused of killing Los Banos boy in crash changes plea
- Teen girl found dead in Madera County stream
- Homicide investigated at Porterville Developmental Center
- Valley schools prepare for new transgender law
- Valley business gear up for next Fresno State game
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos