Man arrested in Fresno kidnapping, carjacking case
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Fresno Police have arrested a man for allegedly kidnapping a person, robbing him, and then taking his car.
The kidnapping and carjacking happened June 28th at a Carl's Junior restaurant at McKinley and Abby in Central Fresno. Police say the victim has a business that consists of purchasing and selling gold.
Investigators say 36-year-old Oscar Morales called the victim claiming to have gold to sell. During the transaction, he allegedly pointed a gun at the victim's head and kidnapped him. The victim was taken a short distance away, then robbed and car-jacked.
Sunday morning officers arrested Morales at a motel in Selma. They say he is a known gang member and has previous convictions for car jacking and kidnapping.
kidnapping, carjacking, selma, fresno, fresno county, fresno central, local
- Mariposa fire evacuees are heading home 3 min ago
- Brian Calhoun pleads not guilty in student attack
- Fresno City Manager Mark Scott resigns
- F-15 Fighter Jet touches down in Fresno
- Natura recalls pet food after salmonella test
- Treatment of mentally ill inmates in jail under scrutiny
- James helps Heat stave off elimination in Game 6
- Porterville to vote on gay pride proclamation
- Dave Chappelle is back with new Funny or Die tour
- Cancer killed serial killer Richard Ramirez
- Fresno family's dream comes true
- Grapes become Fresno Co 1st billion dollar crop
- Starbucks to post calorie counts for drinks
- Officer involved shooting in Visalia
- Accuweather Forecast
38 min ago