Madera Co girl has wish granted
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A young North Valley girl has a new playset to call her own after getting her wish granted by the Make A Wish Foundation.
Six year old Deztiny has a brain tumor and today she watched as Madera County firefighters helped build her play-set in the back of her Madera home.
Deztiny's wish was sponsored by United Healthcare but volunteers with the Make A Wish Foundation knew they'd need some muscle to actually build it.
When dozens of people showed up Saturday morning, Deztiny's mother couldn't have been more grateful.
"It was very heartwarming to see them drive up and seeing everybody walking out. We couldn't believe it. We were in awe when it happened," Cecila Belmontes, Deztiny's mother, said
Volunteers spent all morning putting the playset together.
Her mother says Deztiny loves playing outside so she's sure it will get a lot of use.
madera, madera county, local
- Carstens Fire blamed on unattended campfire
- Sierra Fire near Auberry at 50 percent containment
- Firefighters save home north of Clovis
- Resources stretched thin as fires ignite around the Valley
- Officer involved shooting in Visalia
- Teresa Ceja and Jose Velarde guilty of murder
- Special Olympics torch run through Fresno County
- Summer food programs offer meals to children
- Fresno looks for cost savings after Measure G fails
- FPD seize weapons from gang members
- Car Crashes into a Visalia Chipotle
- Man finds Reedley mother's stolen ashes
- Police identify Central Fresno murder suspect
- Smoke from fires may cause health risks