Madera Co girl has wish granted
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A young North Valley girl has a new playset to call her own after getting her wish granted by the Make A Wish Foundation.
Six year old Deztiny has a brain tumor and today she watched as Madera County firefighters helped build her play-set in the back of her Madera home.
Deztiny's wish was sponsored by United Healthcare but volunteers with the Make A Wish Foundation knew they'd need some muscle to actually build it.
When dozens of people showed up Saturday morning, Deztiny's mother couldn't have been more grateful.
"It was very heartwarming to see them drive up and seeing everybody walking out. We couldn't believe it. We were in awe when it happened," Cecila Belmontes, Deztiny's mother, said
Volunteers spent all morning putting the playset together.
Her mother says Deztiny loves playing outside so she's sure it will get a lot of use.
madera, madera county, local
- Fresno State defeats Utah State 24-17
- Deputies search for missing 31-year-old Huron man
- Highway 41 closed near Tenaya Lodge
- Train hits pedestrian and dog in Central Fresno
- Video: Mountain communities wake up to snow
- Nelson Mandela family: 'We have lost a great man'
- Reindeer escapes from Santa at Colorado mall
- Toys for Tots marathon kicks off at River Park
- Pearl Harbor ceremony marks attack anniversary
- One injured in Central Fresno drive-by shooting
- Animal shelter seeks donations to keep dogs warm
- Freezing temperatures take toll on small Valley farms
- Police increase patrols on Fulton Mall after shooting
- Valley utility workers gear up for freezing weather