Madera Co girl has wish granted
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A young North Valley girl has a new playset to call her own after getting her wish granted by the Make A Wish Foundation.
Six year old Deztiny has a brain tumor and today she watched as Madera County firefighters helped build her play-set in the back of her Madera home.
Deztiny's wish was sponsored by United Healthcare but volunteers with the Make A Wish Foundation knew they'd need some muscle to actually build it.
When dozens of people showed up Saturday morning, Deztiny's mother couldn't have been more grateful.
"It was very heartwarming to see them drive up and seeing everybody walking out. We couldn't believe it. We were in awe when it happened," Cecila Belmontes, Deztiny's mother, said
Volunteers spent all morning putting the playset together.
Her mother says Deztiny loves playing outside so she's sure it will get a lot of use.
madera, madera county, local
- Man shot in head while sitting in Fresno apartment
- Man accused of molesting minor, having child porn
- Crime spree ends with 2 arrested in Fresno
- Magnitude-7.2 earthquake shakes Mexican capital
- Two convicted in murder of Fresno sex offender
- Police raid LA Times building after threat reports 27 min ago
- California farmers to get more water
- Heart of the Horse is expanding
- Captain of sunken South Korean ferry arrested
- Video: Air National Guard honors city of Madera 5 min ago
- Calwa Catholics mark Good Friday with procession
- Twin boys fight off carjacker in Texas
- Michaels Crafts data breach, nearly 3M compromised
- Good Sports: Cheerforce Vengeance