Madera Co girl has wish granted
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A young North Valley girl has a new playset to call her own after getting her wish granted by the Make A Wish Foundation.
Six year old Deztiny has a brain tumor and today she watched as Madera County firefighters helped build her play-set in the back of her Madera home.
Deztiny's wish was sponsored by United Healthcare but volunteers with the Make A Wish Foundation knew they'd need some muscle to actually build it.
When dozens of people showed up Saturday morning, Deztiny's mother couldn't have been more grateful.
"It was very heartwarming to see them drive up and seeing everybody walking out. We couldn't believe it. We were in awe when it happened," Cecila Belmontes, Deztiny's mother, said
Volunteers spent all morning putting the playset together.
Her mother says Deztiny loves playing outside so she's sure it will get a lot of use.
madera, madera county, local
- Woman fatally struck by vehicle on Highway 180 45 min ago
- Fresno cracks down on stolen shopping carts
- Valley veteran surprised with Purple Heart 10 min ago
- Obama says Crimea separation would violate law
- Dustin Gran murder trial gets underway in Modesto
- Consumer Reports: Beware of tax scams
- Downtown Fresno gas leak prompts evacuations
- Man sentenced in fatal Los Banos DUI crash
- Russian power play: Crimea vote on joining Russia
- Business leaders discuss drought impact
- Fresno man pleads guilty to murdering father 38 min ago
- Businessman announces run for Fresno City Council
- Murderer apologizes for killing pregnant woman
- Who will be Mayor?
- Valley veteran surprised with Purple Heart
14 min ago
- Woman fatally struck by vehicle on Highway...
47 min ago