Madera Co girl has wish granted
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A young North Valley girl has a new playset to call her own after getting her wish granted by the Make A Wish Foundation.
Six year old Deztiny has a brain tumor and today she watched as Madera County firefighters helped build her play-set in the back of her Madera home.
Deztiny's wish was sponsored by United Healthcare but volunteers with the Make A Wish Foundation knew they'd need some muscle to actually build it.
When dozens of people showed up Saturday morning, Deztiny's mother couldn't have been more grateful.
"It was very heartwarming to see them drive up and seeing everybody walking out. We couldn't believe it. We were in awe when it happened," Cecila Belmontes, Deztiny's mother, said
Volunteers spent all morning putting the playset together.
Her mother says Deztiny loves playing outside so she's sure it will get a lot of use.
madera, madera county, local
- Fire destroys the Oakhurst Lodge
- 4 arrested after exchanging gunfire with police
- Yellow Jacket iPhone stun gun case
- Valley home invasion suspect arrested in Reno
- OTRC: Critics' Choice Television Awards nominees
- Fresno baby born on the way to Clovis Community
- Unemployment applications fall by 23,000
- Fresno pot shop closes amid ABC30 investigation
- New Fresno State president has strong Valley roots
- Dr. Joe Castro named new Fresno State president
- Authorities investigate a homicide in Fresno Co.
- Merced County launches Citizen Alert system
- Budget improvements for Fresno Unified
- Andy Vidak wins 16th State Senate District