Longtime Valley pastor remembered in services
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Memorial services are underway to honor the life of a longtime Valley pastor.
Bishop Henry L. Johnson passed away last Sunday at the age of 91.
Johnson founded Fresno's Bestheda Apostolic Church in 1957 and then served as its pastor for 55 years.
On Sunday a collection of his robes were on display as the pastor was remembered during Sunday morning services.
"The bishop leaves a legacy of love and compassion and acceptance, and he was a strong man who stood on solid principles and we plan continue those principles at Bethesda," Senior Pastor Tobaise Brookins said.
During his lifetime, Johnson also served as a leader for hundreds of churches within the Pacific Northwest.
Memorial services are underway right now at his former church and continue Monday morning at People's Church in Fresno.
The final viewing begins at 8:30 a.m. with a celebration of life following at 11 a.m.
- 4.1 earthquake shakes the Central Valley
- Vigil held for victims of gang violence in Porterville
- Former Clovis cop will face domestic violence trial
- FUSD fears losing millions for low-income students
- Marathoner Fresno police officer outruns serial burglar
- Gang member arrested after ABC30 story comment
- Clovis crash leaves motorcycle rider in critical condition
- How to make Christmas cookies and cocktails
- Merced Co. industrial explosion kills 1, injures 2
- Woman twerking serves as lookout for alleged burglar
- Chief Dyer testifies in excessive force trial
- Police say internet cafe doubled as gambling house
- Son sought in beating of parents in Fresno
- Silent Sleigh and Mandela Controversy
- 2-year-old Fresno boy to be on America's...
28 min ago