SoCal man in custody for arsons in Madera County
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A Los Angeles man is in custody for setting at least two fires in Eastern Madera County.
Patrick Moore, 48, faces arson charges. The sheriff's department says he is suspected of setting a fire last Thursday -- about two miles north of the 22 Mile House gas station & mini-mart off Highway 41 in the Coarsegold area.
Authorities believe he is also responsible for a fire the following morning, just north of Yosemite Springs Parkway off Highway 41 also in Coarsegold, which brought the morning commute to a crawl.
Action News was told by authorities Moore was arrested on arson charges just last month in Fresno.
crimetracker, arson, madera county, coarsegold, local
- Carstens Fire blamed on unattended campfire
- Sierra Fire near Auberry at 50 percent containment
- Firefighters save home north of Clovis
- Resources stretched thin as fires ignite around the Valley
- Teresa Ceja and Jose Velarde guilty of murder
- Special Olympics torch run through Fresno County
- Summer food programs offer meals to children
- Fresno looks for cost savings after Measure G fails
- FPD seize weapons from gang members
- Car Crashes into a Visalia Chipotle
- Man finds Reedley mother's stolen ashes
- Police identify Central Fresno murder suspect
- Smoke from fires may cause health risks
- Mandela's wife thanks world for 'love, generosity'