SoCal man in custody for arsons in Madera County
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A Los Angeles man is in custody for setting at least two fires in Eastern Madera County.
Patrick Moore, 48, faces arson charges. The sheriff's department says he is suspected of setting a fire last Thursday -- about two miles north of the 22 Mile House gas station & mini-mart off Highway 41 in the Coarsegold area.
Authorities believe he is also responsible for a fire the following morning, just north of Yosemite Springs Parkway off Highway 41 also in Coarsegold, which brought the morning commute to a crawl.
Action News was told by authorities Moore was arrested on arson charges just last month in Fresno.
crimetracker, arson, madera county, coarsegold, local
- Fresno 4/20 event fires up health advocates
- Deputies shoot, kill man after high-speed chase
- Divers begin pulling bodies from sunken ferry
- 1 dead, 1 arrested after NW Fresno shooting
- FLIR video captures end of Tulare County chase
- Police arrest 2 suspects in Merced shooting
- 13th body pulled from snow in Everest avalanche
- Health care site flagged in Heartbleed review
- 2 Fresno men arrested in NY for heroin possession
- Deputies: Man smothered crying son over video game
- NASA: Engineer vital to moon landing success dies
- Chopper drops 2,600 golf balls for a good cause
- Blackbeard's hosts large Easter egg hunt
- Easter Brunch recipe