SoCal man in custody for arsons in Madera County
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A Los Angeles man is in custody for setting at least two fires in Eastern Madera County.
Patrick Moore, 48, faces arson charges. The sheriff's department says he is suspected of setting a fire last Thursday -- about two miles north of the 22 Mile House gas station & mini-mart off Highway 41 in the Coarsegold area.
Authorities believe he is also responsible for a fire the following morning, just north of Yosemite Springs Parkway off Highway 41 also in Coarsegold, which brought the morning commute to a crawl.
Action News was told by authorities Moore was arrested on arson charges just last month in Fresno.
crimetracker, arson, madera county, coarsegold, local
- Edison High School ROP teacher shot in classroom
- Copper thieves flood Tower District businesses
- Spencer Scarber denied new trial in rape case
- Authorities file charges in Elbow Room beating
- Valley experts give advice after Target accounts hacked
- SoCal tour bus crash injures 22, kills 1
- Consumer Watch: Handheld video gaming devices
- Operation Bulldog cracks down on gang members
- Freeze impacts one Valley farmer's tropical fruit harvest
- Patriarch off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- In-N-Out opens in Hanford
- City of Fresno hiring to help city development
- Dozens injured at partial London theater collapse
- Murders, car thefts, robberies up in Visalia other crimes down
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos