Man pleads not guilty in death of fiancé case
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A man accused of shooting his fiancé to death made a plea in Merced County court.
Fabio Mendonca, 21, of Delhi pleaded not guilty to voluntary manslaughter. The shooting happened on the Fourth of July.
Mendonca is accused of pointing a shotgun at the face of 20-year-old Mirisa Dinwiddie. He told authorities he accidentally shot her. Dinwiddie later died.
Merced County deputies say Mendonca showed extreme negligence by pointing the gun at his fiancé, even if he didn't realize it was loaded.
shooting, crimetracker, merced county, delhi, hilmar, merced, local
- Woman dies in NE Fresno officer-involved shooting
- Parlier man shot and killed; neighbor arrested
- China-bound Malaysian jet vanishes with 239 aboard
- Crews battle large fire at Fresno County warehouse
- Man dies after being hit by train in Downtown Fresno
- Report: Ukraine base in Crimea under siege
- Man who inspired Three Strikes law may be sentenced under it
- Fresno PD: Man sitting in street struck, killed by car
- Unemployment figures: Slight economic improvement
- California jury deadlocks in ex-NFL player's death
- Near drownings on the rise
- Students take part in robot competition in Madera
- SubCom companies thinking inside the box
- CIF Central Section Basketball Finals
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos