Man pleads not guilty in death of fiancé case
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A man accused of shooting his fiancé to death made a plea in Merced County court.
Fabio Mendonca, 21, of Delhi pleaded not guilty to voluntary manslaughter. The shooting happened on the Fourth of July.
Mendonca is accused of pointing a shotgun at the face of 20-year-old Mirisa Dinwiddie. He told authorities he accidentally shot her. Dinwiddie later died.
Merced County deputies say Mendonca showed extreme negligence by pointing the gun at his fiancé, even if he didn't realize it was loaded.
shooting, crimetracker, merced county, delhi, hilmar, merced, local
- 700 Carstens Fire evacuees will be allowed home
- F-15 Fighter Jet touches down in Fresno
- Treatment of mentally ill inmates in jail under scrutiny
- James helps Heat stave off elimination in Game 6
- Cancer killed serial killer Richard Ramirez 32 min ago
- Fresno family's dream comes true
- Grapes become Fresno County's 1st billion dollar crop
- Starbucks to post calorie counts for drinks 41 min ago
- Officer involved shooting in Visalia
- Teresa Ceja and Jose Velarde guilty of murder
- Special Olympics torch run through Fresno County
- Summer food programs offer meals to children
- Fresno looks for cost savings after Measure G fails
- FPD seize weapons from gang members