Man pleads not guilty in death of fiancé case
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A man accused of shooting his fiancé to death made a plea in Merced County court.
Fabio Mendonca, 21, of Delhi pleaded not guilty to voluntary manslaughter. The shooting happened on the Fourth of July.
Mendonca is accused of pointing a shotgun at the face of 20-year-old Mirisa Dinwiddie. He told authorities he accidentally shot her. Dinwiddie later died.
Merced County deputies say Mendonca showed extreme negligence by pointing the gun at his fiancé, even if he didn't realize it was loaded.
shooting, crimetracker, merced county, delhi, hilmar, merced, local
- Fresno attorney reenacts testimony from Kai 31 min ago
- Teen girl found dead in Madera County stream
- Bad air keeps some Valley students indoors
- Valley schools prepare for new transgender law
- Ex-BP engineer convicted on 1 obstruction charge
- Man accused of killing Los Banos boy in crash changes plea
- Public tickets to the Royal Purple Las Vegas Bowl sold out
- Calif senator: Revenge porn law should include selfies
- Mega Million Winning Numbers
- Marijuana was target of Fresno Co home invasion
- Kai was neither hero nor did he cause crash, witnesses say
- Scams can include investments with friends
- Jury awards $1.5 million in Fresno Police excessive force trial
- Valley growers told to brace for drought
- Fresno attorney reenacts testimony from Kai
30 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos