Man pleads not guilty in death of fiancé case
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A man accused of shooting his fiancé to death made a plea in Merced County court.
Fabio Mendonca, 21, of Delhi pleaded not guilty to voluntary manslaughter. The shooting happened on the Fourth of July.
Mendonca is accused of pointing a shotgun at the face of 20-year-old Mirisa Dinwiddie. He told authorities he accidentally shot her. Dinwiddie later died.
Merced County deputies say Mendonca showed extreme negligence by pointing the gun at his fiancé, even if he didn't realize it was loaded.
shooting, crimetracker, merced county, delhi, hilmar, merced, local
- Man found dead with gunshot wounds in Visalia 59 min ago
- Triple stabbing in East Central Fresno
- Visalia Police: Street racer crashes into mattress store
- Fire sprinklers cause flooding at FCOE after small fire
- Sanger police chase ends in crash
- Israel halts peace talks with Palestinians
- Man killed in rollover crash near Caruthers
- Wyoming gas explosion prompts evacuation of town
- Clashes in east Ukraine leave at least 2 dead
- Activists: Syrian airstrikes in north kill 18
- Scientists locate 19th century steamship in SF Bay
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save daughter during attack
- Man worried 'MURDER' tattoo might hurt his case
- Clovis mother writes 'It's Ok, Mama Has Cancer'