Clovis cops say man shot girlfriend in the head
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A 21-year-old is in custody after Clovis police say he shot his girlfriend in the head during an argument Tuesday morning.
Jermaine Dupree-Means was arrested Tuesday afternoon. The couple lives on Barstow Avenue near Villa in Clovis. All morning, crime scene processors documented evidence at the apartment.
Investigators say the 19-year-old victim called police around 2:30 to report she was shot and needed help. While she was on the phone with dispatchers, police say Dupree-Means went outside to hide the gun.
Police believe the two got into an argument when the victim went to hide in her bedroom. A short time later, police say he broke into the room and shot her in the head.
Vince Weibert with the Clovis Police Department said, "The female is expected to survive, however her condition is not stabilized. And we'll have more information as this story develops."
Police say Dupree-Means cut his arm during the disturbance. They aren't sure if the injury was an accident or intentional.
crimetracker, shooting, clovis, fresno county, local
- Fire destroys the Oakhurst Lodge
- Obama defends drone strikes but says no cure-all 41 min ago
- 4 arrested after exchanging gunfire with police
- Yellow Jacket iPhone stun gun case
- Valley home invasion suspect arrested in Reno
- abcnews: US IDs 4 Americans Killed by Drones
- OTRC: Critics' Choice Television Awards nominees
- Fresno baby born on the way to Clovis Community
- Unemployment applications fall by 23,000
- Fresno pot shop closes amid ABC30 investigation
- New Fresno State president has strong Valley roots
- Dr. Joe Castro named new Fresno State president
- Authorities investigate a homicide in Fresno Co.
- Merced County launches Citizen Alert system