Construction Worker Killed on HWY 99 in Fresno
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- The CHP is investigating a hit and run collision early this morning that killed a female construction worker on NB Highway 99 near the Clinton Avenue exit.
The CHP is investigating a hit and run collision early this morning that killed a female construction worker from Reedley on north bound Highway 99 near the Clinton Avenue exit.
The scene along Highway 99 just north of Clinton Ave. has been cleared and all lanes of the road are open in both directions.
The California Highway Patrol responded just before 2:30 a.m. Wednesday morning.
Two lanes of Highway 99 were closed for a construction project. Authorities say someone went into the clearly marked construction zone at a high rate of speed and hit a female construction worker who died from her injuries. The victim worked for Windsor Fuel, a contracting company helping on the construction project.
The CHP officers are still looking for the person responsible and the suspect's vehicle. "Anyone who will brazenly drive right through a very well marked closure, and then travel through it at a speed that could be 50 or 60 miles per hour. That's the kind of person that we want to hold responsible for what they did," said Sgt. Gil Peirsol with the California Highway Patrol.
The vehicle is described as a newer model Nissan Maxima or Altima sedan, silver or gray, with substantial damage to the right front and/or windshield -- including a missing right side mirror.
If you have any information regarding the vehicle or suspect, you are asked to call the Fresno Area California Highway Patrol at (559) 441-5441.
accident, fresno, fresno county, fresno central, fresno east central, local
- Madera family files claim against city of Los Angeles
- The Red Wave hits the road
- Judge orders hospital to keep teen on support
- Police search for suspects who shot a Fresno teacher
- Fresno State program gets students interested in STEM classes
- Parlier students get iPad Airs
- Ryann Jones found guilty of second degree murder
- Royal Purple Las Vegas Bowl: Chance for 'Dogs to break bowl...
- Fire burns Three Rivers landmark
- Valley stores open extra hour for holiday rush
- Senator Harry Reid in hospital for observation
- Man charged in Elbow Room fight pleads not guilty
- Obama: 2014 can be breakthrough year for US
- Spencer Scarber denied new trial in rape case
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos