Ex-Visalia teacher pleads no contest to sex with minor
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A South Valley special education teacher accused of having sex with one of her students pleaded no contest.
Lianne Trout taught at Mount Whitney High School in Visalia. She was charged with five felony counts of having sex with a minor.
Prosecutors say Trout had a sexual relationship with one of her students during her four-month employment at Mount Whitney between August and December of 2011.
She resigned shortly after the alleged crimes came to light. Trout is scheduled to be sentenced in August.
crimetracker, sex crimes, court, visalia, tulare county, local
- California seeks to dam 3 Delta channels
- 2 NYC buildings collapse, 2 dead, others missing
- Gaza militants fire large rocket barrage at Israel
- Fresno couple wins $1 million on scratcher
- Malaysian military says missing jet changed course
- Arrest made in Tulare Co officer-involved shooting
- Fresno County man arrested after running from deputies
- Scammers nearly took a Merced woman for big cash
- Surveillance video released in Hanford murder
- No time added for killer of Atwater prison guard
- 5-alarm fire destroys SF building under construction
- Photos: Massive fire damages vacant building in SF
- Mariposa is putting limits on marijuana grows
- Noticeable drop in Valley flu cases