Ex-Visalia teacher pleads no contest to sex with minor
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A South Valley special education teacher accused of having sex with one of her students pleaded no contest.
Lianne Trout taught at Mount Whitney High School in Visalia. She was charged with five felony counts of having sex with a minor.
Prosecutors say Trout had a sexual relationship with one of her students during her four-month employment at Mount Whitney between August and December of 2011.
She resigned shortly after the alleged crimes came to light. Trout is scheduled to be sentenced in August.
crimetracker, sex crimes, court, visalia, tulare county, local
- Magnitude-7.2 earthquake shakes Mexican capital 19 min ago
- Michaels Crafts data breach, nearly 3M compromised 6 min ago
- 'Family Annihilator' fugitive could be in California
- Malos Hechos the target of Fresno police
- Bogus Fresno Bee letter adds intrigue to DA campaign
- Visalia approves limiting residents' water use 27 min ago
- Investigators conduct tests with FedEx truck, bus
- One of Fresno's ten most wanted criminals arrested
- Evacuation came too late for many on sinking ferry
- Gas prices rise as temperatures heat up
- Salmon moved on the San Joaquin River
- 59 Days of Code competition encouraging developers
- Nobel laureate Gabriel Garcia Marquez dies at 87
- Bloody suspect caught by Madera neighbors
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos