Ex-Visalia teacher pleads no contest to sex with minor
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A South Valley special education teacher accused of having sex with one of her students pleaded no contest.
Lianne Trout taught at Mount Whitney High School in Visalia. She was charged with five felony counts of having sex with a minor.
Prosecutors say Trout had a sexual relationship with one of her students during her four-month employment at Mount Whitney between August and December of 2011.
She resigned shortly after the alleged crimes came to light. Trout is scheduled to be sentenced in August.
crimetracker, sex crimes, court, visalia, tulare county, local
- Jurors deadlock on Jodi Arias penalty 2 min ago
- Fire destroys the Oakhurst Lodge
- Obama defends drone strikes but says no cure-all
- 4 arrested after exchanging gunfire with police
- Yellow Jacket iPhone stun gun case
- Valley home invasion suspect arrested in Reno
- abcnews: US IDs 4 Americans Killed by Drones
- OTRC: Critics' Choice Television Awards nominees
- Fresno baby born on the way to Clovis Community
- Unemployment applications fall by 23,000
- Fresno pot shop closes amid ABC30 investigation
- New Fresno State president has strong Valley roots
- Dr. Joe Castro named new Fresno State president
- Authorities investigate a homicide in Fresno Co.