Ex-Visalia teacher pleads no contest to sex with minor
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A South Valley special education teacher accused of having sex with one of her students pleaded no contest.
Lianne Trout taught at Mount Whitney High School in Visalia. She was charged with five felony counts of having sex with a minor.
Prosecutors say Trout had a sexual relationship with one of her students during her four-month employment at Mount Whitney between August and December of 2011.
She resigned shortly after the alleged crimes came to light. Trout is scheduled to be sentenced in August.
crimetracker, sex crimes, court, visalia, tulare county, local
- Massage parlor shutdown after tips of prostitution
- Tentative order in fight over Fresno water rate hikes
- HS rumor played role in Dinuba sexual battery case
- Fresno man gets prison in fatal hit-and-run crash
- New effort to honor Hmong veterans
- Counting down to the Clovis Rodeo
- Fresno Co won't change Williamson Act tax standards
- Firefighters preparing for fire season at Lost Lake Park
- Suspect injures Fresno Police dog, officers say
- SD police guns stolen during LA charity game
- Porterville prepares for Iris Festival
- 5 honored for helping save Clovis man's life
- Tulare burglary suspect shot, killed by TX trooper
- Did Apple map capture Loch Ness Monster?