Ex-Visalia teacher pleads no contest to sex with minor
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A South Valley special education teacher accused of having sex with one of her students pleaded no contest.
Lianne Trout taught at Mount Whitney High School in Visalia. She was charged with five felony counts of having sex with a minor.
Prosecutors say Trout had a sexual relationship with one of her students during her four-month employment at Mount Whitney between August and December of 2011.
She resigned shortly after the alleged crimes came to light. Trout is scheduled to be sentenced in August.
crimetracker, sex crimes, court, visalia, tulare county, local
- Operation Bulldog cracks down on gang members
- Target: 40M card accounts may be breached
- Figure skating champ Boitano says he's gay
- New Mexico Supreme Court: Same-sex marriage legal
- Elderly woman critically injured in Fresno house fire
- Fresno attorney reenacts testimony from Kai
- Man accused of killing Los Banos boy in crash changes plea
- Teen girl found dead in Madera County stream
- Homicide investigated at Porterville Developmental Center
- Valley schools prepare for new transgender law
- Valley business gear up for next Fresno State game
- FUSD improves nationally but still behind peers
- Wood burning contributes to bad air quality in the Valley
- Bad air keeps some Valley students indoors
- Fresno State Bulldogs arrive in Las Vegas
42 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos