Pinedale pool set to open thanks to donation
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- It was a refreshing sight at the Pinedale Community Center, where the swimming pool is being prepped to open this weekend after being closed since 2010 due to the lack of funding.
Earlier this week the City of Fresno received a call from an anonymous donor who agreed to write a check for $7200 dollars to cover the entire cost to get the pool running for the rest of the summer.
And there have been additional donations since then.
"This is unbelievable. The community has stepped up. We've had numerous anonymous donors and I think we are gonna be in a great position for next year. I believe we have enough funding to have the pinedale pool open for next year, as well," Shaun Schaefer of the City of Fresno Parks Department said.
Schaefer says recent donations add up to more than $20 thousand. The Pinedale pool is scheduled to open at 1 p.m. Sunday.
fresno county, pinedale, local
- Ordnance rendered safe; Solvang evacuations lifted 4 min ago
- Valley cities among those where residents feel least safe
- Burglars steal firefighting tools from Forest Service
- Two dead after gunfire in the town of Lindcove
- Missing kid found stuck in coin-operated game
- Fresno County jail inmate death labeled a homicide
- Dinuba apartment manager arrested on forgery charges
- FS hires White as new Women's Basketball Coach 42 min ago
- Honey oil safety class for firefighters in Fresno
- FFD: Squatters likely causing dangerous fires
- Photos: Adorable meerkats befriend photographer
- Drought may impact farmers market prices
- Recycled water may ease drought concerns
- Valley teens on a spring break job hunt
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos