Pinedale pool set to open thanks to donation
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- It was a refreshing sight at the Pinedale Community Center, where the swimming pool is being prepped to open this weekend after being closed since 2010 due to the lack of funding.
Earlier this week the City of Fresno received a call from an anonymous donor who agreed to write a check for $7200 dollars to cover the entire cost to get the pool running for the rest of the summer.
And there have been additional donations since then.
"This is unbelievable. The community has stepped up. We've had numerous anonymous donors and I think we are gonna be in a great position for next year. I believe we have enough funding to have the pinedale pool open for next year, as well," Shaun Schaefer of the City of Fresno Parks Department said.
Schaefer says recent donations add up to more than $20 thousand. The Pinedale pool is scheduled to open at 1 p.m. Sunday.
fresno county, pinedale, local
- Large warehouse fire reported southeast of Fresno 1 min ago
- One person dead in Northwest Fresno accident
- Report: Ukraine base in Crimea under siege
- AP: FBI investigates prison company
- Valley veteran surprised with Purple Heart
- Photos: Chef Shayna Shareable Recipes
- Albertsons parent Cerberus to buy Safeway
- Safeway to pay $2.25 million to settle lawsuit 55 min ago
- Girl Scout Cookie dessert recipes
- Dustin Gran murder trial gets underway in Modesto
- Unemployment rises to 6.7 percent in February
- Fresno County veteran receives national award
- Woman fatally struck by vehicle on Highway 180
- Fresno cracks down on stolen shopping carts