Pinedale pool set to open thanks to donation
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- It was a refreshing sight at the Pinedale Community Center, where the swimming pool is being prepped to open this weekend after being closed since 2010 due to the lack of funding.
Earlier this week the City of Fresno received a call from an anonymous donor who agreed to write a check for $7200 dollars to cover the entire cost to get the pool running for the rest of the summer.
And there have been additional donations since then.
"This is unbelievable. The community has stepped up. We've had numerous anonymous donors and I think we are gonna be in a great position for next year. I believe we have enough funding to have the pinedale pool open for next year, as well," Shaun Schaefer of the City of Fresno Parks Department said.
Schaefer says recent donations add up to more than $20 thousand. The Pinedale pool is scheduled to open at 1 p.m. Sunday.
fresno county, pinedale, local
- USC defeats Fresno St 45-20 in Las Vegas Bowl
- Teen who was shot at Colorado school dies
- Man stabs his uncle in the neck in SE Fresno
- Madera family files claim against city of Los Angeles
- Apartment fire displaces 8 people in SE Fresno
- US holiday travelers brace for ice and snow
- Record number of manatee deaths reported in 2013
- Judge orders hospital to keep teen on support
- Things you didn't know about reindeer
- Man charged in Elbow Room fight pleads not guilty
- Fresno Poverello House in need of toys for kids
- Fresno State program gets students interested in STEM classes
- Parlier students get iPad Airs
- Ryann Jones found guilty of second degree murder
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos