Pinedale pool set to open thanks to donation
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- It was a refreshing sight at the Pinedale Community Center, where the swimming pool is being prepped to open this weekend after being closed since 2010 due to the lack of funding.
Earlier this week the City of Fresno received a call from an anonymous donor who agreed to write a check for $7200 dollars to cover the entire cost to get the pool running for the rest of the summer.
And there have been additional donations since then.
"This is unbelievable. The community has stepped up. We've had numerous anonymous donors and I think we are gonna be in a great position for next year. I believe we have enough funding to have the pinedale pool open for next year, as well," Shaun Schaefer of the City of Fresno Parks Department said.
Schaefer says recent donations add up to more than $20 thousand. The Pinedale pool is scheduled to open at 1 p.m. Sunday.
fresno county, pinedale, local
- Dog pack kills nearly 80 animals at campus
- Police investigate a home invasion in Central Fresno
- Kai murder investigation details revealed
- Mother of a Fresno toddler talks after hit-and-run
- Conn. commuter train crash injures more than 60
- Brush fire in Southern California scorches 575 acres
- Pastor caught watching child porn at Disney World
- Clovis resident whose car was used in police chase talks
- Fresno foster youth overcomes adversity to graduate
- Eyewitness to Visalia OIS describes what he saw
- Frontier Airlines returns to Fresno
- Good Sports: Bulldogs in the Kitchen
- Grass fire contained in Fresno County
- Made in the Valley: Top O' The Morn Farms
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos