Pinedale pool set to open thanks to donation
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- It was a refreshing sight at the Pinedale Community Center, where the swimming pool is being prepped to open this weekend after being closed since 2010 due to the lack of funding.
Earlier this week the City of Fresno received a call from an anonymous donor who agreed to write a check for $7200 dollars to cover the entire cost to get the pool running for the rest of the summer.
And there have been additional donations since then.
"This is unbelievable. The community has stepped up. We've had numerous anonymous donors and I think we are gonna be in a great position for next year. I believe we have enough funding to have the pinedale pool open for next year, as well," Shaun Schaefer of the City of Fresno Parks Department said.
Schaefer says recent donations add up to more than $20 thousand. The Pinedale pool is scheduled to open at 1 p.m. Sunday.
fresno county, pinedale, local
- Massage parlor shutdown after tips of prostitution
- Tentative order in fight over Fresno water rate hikes
- HS rumor played role in Dinuba sexual battery case
- Fresno man gets prison in fatal hit-and-run crash
- New effort to honor Hmong veterans
- Counting down to the Clovis Rodeo
- Fresno Co won't change Williamson Act tax standards
- Firefighters preparing for fire season at Lost Lake Park
- Suspect injures Fresno Police dog, officers say
- SD police guns stolen during LA charity game
- Porterville prepares for Iris Festival
- 5 honored for helping save Clovis man's life
- Tulare burglary suspect shot, killed by TX trooper
- Did Apple map capture Loch Ness Monster?