Two injured in Huron shooting
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Two teenagers remain in the hospital after a shooting in Fresno County.
The shooting happened around 2:15 Friday afternoon in Huron on Lassen and Myrtle.
Huron police say the teens were walking down the street when two men in a black sedan pulled up and started shooting.
A 19-year-old man was shot in the stomach while the other victim, a 16-year-old boy, was shot in the arm and back.
The gunmen drove away. Meanwhile, the victims ran to a nearby home for help.
Investigators say the shooting likely involves gangs, and is possibly related to a homicide that happened in early June.
"We had another shooting about a week ago, here we are again tonight with another one, so it's just basically, it's all been spun off since the homicide happened, it's been retaliation between our Norteno gangs and our Bulldogs," Sgt. Ronnie Rubalcaba of the Huron Police Department said.
Police say the victims, as well as potential witnesses, are not cooperating with the investigation.
huron, fresno county, crimetracker, shooting, local, shannon handy
- FS hires White as new Women's Basketball Coach
- Two killed in shooting in Lindcove 23 min ago
- FFD: Squatters likely causing dangerous fires
- Recycled water may ease drought concerns
- Lemoore considers tough water rules
- 4 dead, 292 missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- New twist in case of murdered Fresno sex offender
- Boston police safely blow up suspicious backpacks
- Job seekers interview for the world's...
- VIRAL VIDEO: Kids try to use a Walkman
- Police say 5 dead in Calgary stabbings
- Pro-Russian insurgents seize armored vehicles
- China's growth slows to 7.4 percent in 1Q
- Bank of America posts loss, hurt by legal expenses