Two injured in Huron shooting
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Two teenagers remain in the hospital after a shooting in Fresno County.
The shooting happened around 2:15 Friday afternoon in Huron on Lassen and Myrtle.
Huron police say the teens were walking down the street when two men in a black sedan pulled up and started shooting.
A 19-year-old man was shot in the stomach while the other victim, a 16-year-old boy, was shot in the arm and back.
The gunmen drove away. Meanwhile, the victims ran to a nearby home for help.
Investigators say the shooting likely involves gangs, and is possibly related to a homicide that happened in early June.
"We had another shooting about a week ago, here we are again tonight with another one, so it's just basically, it's all been spun off since the homicide happened, it's been retaliation between our Norteno gangs and our Bulldogs," Sgt. Ronnie Rubalcaba of the Huron Police Department said.
Police say the victims, as well as potential witnesses, are not cooperating with the investigation.
huron, fresno county, crimetracker, shooting, local, shannon handy
- Authorities investigate a shooting in Madera County
- Los Angeles police arrest man in severed head case
- USGS: 6.9 earthquake hits 50 miles west of Eureka
- Calif. emissions law could make gas prices jump
- Photos: 10 suspects caught in the act
- Police: Man killed in Fresno gang-related shooting
- Man accused of killing Parlier coach identified
- Cornell president named new head of Smithsonian
- Investigators chase 'every angle' in missing jet
- Bees attack drivers after SoCal car crash
- Man holds out atop roof of San Diego FBI building
- Toddler uses FaceTime to help mom after dog bite
- 1 arrested, 1 sought after Visalia Save Mart robbery
- Woman fatally shot by Fresno police identified