Two injured in Huron shooting
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Two teenagers remain in the hospital after a shooting in Fresno County.
The shooting happened around 2:15 Friday afternoon in Huron on Lassen and Myrtle.
Huron police say the teens were walking down the street when two men in a black sedan pulled up and started shooting.
A 19-year-old man was shot in the stomach while the other victim, a 16-year-old boy, was shot in the arm and back.
The gunmen drove away. Meanwhile, the victims ran to a nearby home for help.
Investigators say the shooting likely involves gangs, and is possibly related to a homicide that happened in early June.
"We had another shooting about a week ago, here we are again tonight with another one, so it's just basically, it's all been spun off since the homicide happened, it's been retaliation between our Norteno gangs and our Bulldogs," Sgt. Ronnie Rubalcaba of the Huron Police Department said.
Police say the victims, as well as potential witnesses, are not cooperating with the investigation.
huron, fresno county, crimetracker, shooting, local, shannon handy
- 'Family Annihilator' fugitive could be in California
- Malos Hechos the target of Fresno police
- Bogus Fresno Bee letter adds intrigue to DA campaign
- One of Fresno's ten most wanted criminals arrested 59 min ago
- Salmon moved on the San Joaquin River
- 59 Days of Code competition encouraging developers 24 min ago
- Nobel laureate Gabriel Garcia Marquez dies at 87
- Bloody suspect caught by Madera neighbors
- 'Real Housewives' star Porsha Williams arrested
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' sequel in the works?
- Applications for US jobless aid edge up to 304,000
- Drought intensifying pest problems on farms
- Chelsea Clinton expecting 1st child
- Texas seizes polygamist group's secluded ranch 40 min ago
- Visalia approves limiting residents' water...
14 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos