Two injured in Huron shooting
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Two teenagers remain in the hospital after a shooting in Fresno County.
The shooting happened around 2:15 Friday afternoon in Huron on Lassen and Myrtle.
Huron police say the teens were walking down the street when two men in a black sedan pulled up and started shooting.
A 19-year-old man was shot in the stomach while the other victim, a 16-year-old boy, was shot in the arm and back.
The gunmen drove away. Meanwhile, the victims ran to a nearby home for help.
Investigators say the shooting likely involves gangs, and is possibly related to a homicide that happened in early June.
"We had another shooting about a week ago, here we are again tonight with another one, so it's just basically, it's all been spun off since the homicide happened, it's been retaliation between our Norteno gangs and our Bulldogs," Sgt. Ronnie Rubalcaba of the Huron Police Department said.
Police say the victims, as well as potential witnesses, are not cooperating with the investigation.
huron, fresno county, crimetracker, shooting, local, shannon handy
- Police: Man killed in Fresno gang-related shooting
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door
- Man accused of killing Parlier coach identified 43 min ago
- Free health care enrollment fair held in Fresno
- Woman fatally shot by Fresno police identified 11 min ago
- 2 dozen injured as California school stage falls
- Pistorius trial: Stunning testimony in 1st week
- Putin defends separatist drive in Crimea as legal
- Parlier youth football team mourns slain coach
- Fresno PD: Man hit by vehicle while jaywalking
- DUI suspect crashes into 'We Be Sober' drivers
- United Way celebrates 90 years of serving Fresno County
- Elderly drivers: When to turn over the keys
- 3D printer and Twitter used to make Oreo cookies