6-year-old donates books to Kaweah Delta pediatrics unit
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Young patients at a South Valley hospital received a special gift from a little girl.
Six-year-old Keira Bixler delivered more than five dozen books to the Kaweah Delta pediatrics unit as part of her birthday wish.
Bixler says she got the idea shortly after Christmas when she sat her parents down for a talk.
She told them birthdays were not all about presents and she decided when she turned six in May that she'd ask her guests to bring books rather than gifts.
"My mommy and daddy do stuff like that and I just decided that it was my turn. All my friends really wanted to help. Some couldn't come but they still donated books," Bixler said.
Inside the corner of each book is a sticker showing that it was donated by Keira. The delivery doubles the size of the hospital's library.
tulare county, kaweah delta medical center, local
- 2010 Greyhound Bus crash lawsuit settled
- World leaders, South Africans honor Mandela
- Juvenile seriously injured in Planada shooting
- Truck driver dies after pinned while making delivery in Fresno
- Fresno auto shops build next Wheels of Hope car
- Experts advise caution after several carbon monoxide leaks
- Freeze affects Valley's $1.5 billion citrus industry
- Merced Mercy Credit Union Cycling Classic runs its course
- Helicopter crashes while warming citrus grove
- Video: Valley Works: Fresno State Nursing Program
- Man arrested after a shooting spree in Fresno
- Man arrested for beating outside Elbow Room
- Pulmonary Rehab: Healing with music
- Fresno State fans plan for the Royal Purple Vegas Bowl
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos