6-year-old donates books to Kaweah Delta pediatrics unit
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Young patients at a South Valley hospital received a special gift from a little girl.
Six-year-old Keira Bixler delivered more than five dozen books to the Kaweah Delta pediatrics unit as part of her birthday wish.
Bixler says she got the idea shortly after Christmas when she sat her parents down for a talk.
She told them birthdays were not all about presents and she decided when she turned six in May that she'd ask her guests to bring books rather than gifts.
"My mommy and daddy do stuff like that and I just decided that it was my turn. All my friends really wanted to help. Some couldn't come but they still donated books," Bixler said.
Inside the corner of each book is a sticker showing that it was donated by Keira. The delivery doubles the size of the hospital's library.
tulare county, kaweah delta medical center, local
- 'Family Annihilator' fugitive could be in California
- Malos Hechos the target of Fresno police
- Bogus Fresno Bee letter adds intrigue to DA campaign
- One of Fresno's ten most wanted criminals arrested
- Salmon moved on the San Joaquin River
- 59 Days of Code competition encouraging developers
- Nobel laureate Gabriel Garcia Marquez dies at 87
- Bloody suspect caught by Madera neighbors
- 'Real Housewives' star Porsha Williams arrested
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' sequel in the works?
- Applications for US jobless aid edge up to 304,000
- Drought intensifying pest problems on farms
- Chelsea Clinton expecting 1st child
- Texas seizes polygamist group's secluded ranch