6-year-old donates books to Kaweah Delta pediatrics unit
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Young patients at a South Valley hospital received a special gift from a little girl.
Six-year-old Keira Bixler delivered more than five dozen books to the Kaweah Delta pediatrics unit as part of her birthday wish.
Bixler says she got the idea shortly after Christmas when she sat her parents down for a talk.
She told them birthdays were not all about presents and she decided when she turned six in May that she'd ask her guests to bring books rather than gifts.
"My mommy and daddy do stuff like that and I just decided that it was my turn. All my friends really wanted to help. Some couldn't come but they still donated books," Bixler said.
Inside the corner of each book is a sticker showing that it was donated by Keira. The delivery doubles the size of the hospital's library.
tulare county, kaweah delta medical center, local
- Malaysian leader: Plane's disappearance deliberate
- Vigil held for slain Parlier football coach
- 8 kids, 4 adults involved in SW Fresno crash
- Family remembers murder victim, forgetting killer
- Suspected gang members arrested in Winton murder
- FDIC sues 16 big banks that set key rate
- West readies sanctions on Russia after Crimea vote
- Visalia man accused of sexual conduct with boy
- Valley residents seeing more black widow spiders
- Weather to warm up for CA Classic Half-Marathon
- States sue over California's egg laws
- Visalia school unveils new solar structures
- Sailor in iconic WWII photo dies
- 7 health apps you need to know about
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos