Friends of murdered Selma teens raising money
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Friends of Selma teens killed in a murder-suicide are working to raise money to start a memorial scholarship in their honor.
15-year-old Aryan Singh and his brother, 17-year-old Chris, both attended Selma High School.
Investigators say their father, Avtar Singh, shot and killed the boys, their mother and baby brother before turning the gun on himself last month.
On Saturday friends and several ROTC students from Selma High School organized a car wash.
They're trying to raise money to fund two scholarships.
Friends of the murdered teens say all the money raised today will help students at Selma high go to college.
"I would like to get at least 2 people per scholarship. I would personally like to give $500 dollars per student, it could be higher or lower depending on what we get," Sarah Garcia said.
The group of students says the Selma Sikh community is also helping them with the scholarship fund.
selma, fresno county, murder-suicide, local
- Ordnance rendered safe; Solvang evacuations lifted 4 min ago
- Valley cities among those where residents feel least safe
- Burglars steal firefighting tools from Forest Service
- Two dead after gunfire in the town of Lindcove
- Missing kid found stuck in coin-operated game
- Fresno County jail inmate death labeled a homicide
- Dinuba apartment manager arrested on forgery charges
- FS hires White as new Women's Basketball Coach 42 min ago
- Honey oil safety class for firefighters in Fresno
- FFD: Squatters likely causing dangerous fires
- Photos: Adorable meerkats befriend photographer
- Drought may impact farmers market prices
- Recycled water may ease drought concerns
- Valley teens on a spring break job hunt
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos