Atwater man dead after shooting, crash
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Police in Atwater have a mystery on their hands, but it's unclear if it's a murder mystery or an accident.
Officers got a call about shots being fired around 1:30 Sunday morning in the area of Bellevue and Determine Streets.
As they were heading to the area, they found a car that had crashed about a half block away at Bellevue and Muir.
The driver of the car was dead and had been shot in the torso. It's still unclear weather he was killed by the crash or the gunshot.
The victim has only been identified as a 33-year-old man. An autopsy is expected to be completed tomorrow.
atwater, fresno county, crimetracker, shooting, local
- Fresno State's new president has been selected 47 min ago
- Arsonist believed to be on the loose near Orange Cove
- Family rocked by a violent tragedy finds comfort 54 min ago
- Mother of convicted rapist attacks ABC30 camera
- Two Fresno State students share their stories from Oklahoma
- Senate panel approves immigration bill
- Xbox One to go on sale in late 2013
- 2016 Super Bowl to be played in 49ers' new stadium
- Crews race to find survivors of Oklahoma tornado
- Mysterious illness kills 2 in southeast Alabama
- Merced Co. may allow fireworks in unincorporated areas
- FUSD gives lessons on eating healthy
- Standoff ends peacefully in Central Fresno
- Jodi Arias asks for life in prison
- Valley quick to help Oklahoma with disaster...
27 min ago