Atwater man dead after shooting, crash
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Police in Atwater have a mystery on their hands, but it's unclear if it's a murder mystery or an accident.
Officers got a call about shots being fired around 1:30 Sunday morning in the area of Bellevue and Determine Streets.
As they were heading to the area, they found a car that had crashed about a half block away at Bellevue and Muir.
The driver of the car was dead and had been shot in the torso. It's still unclear weather he was killed by the crash or the gunshot.
The victim has only been identified as a 33-year-old man. An autopsy is expected to be completed tomorrow.
atwater, fresno county, crimetracker, shooting, local
- Fresno attorney reenacts testimony from Kai 34 min ago
- Teen girl found dead in Madera County stream
- Bad air keeps some Valley students indoors
- Valley schools prepare for new transgender law
- Ex-BP engineer convicted on 1 obstruction charge
- Man accused of killing Los Banos boy in crash changes plea
- Public tickets to the Royal Purple Las Vegas Bowl sold out
- Calif senator: Revenge porn law should include selfies
- Mega Million Winning Numbers
- Marijuana was target of Fresno Co home invasion
- Kai was neither hero nor did he cause crash, witnesses say
- Scams can include investments with friends
- Jury awards $1.5 million in Fresno Police excessive force trial
- Valley growers told to brace for drought
- Fresno attorney reenacts testimony from Kai
33 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos