Man dead after Northwest Fresno stabbing
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Fresno police are still looking for the suspects in an early morning attack that left a man dead.
A man was taken to the hospital with serious injuries and later died.
The incident happened around 1 a.m. Sunday morning on Minarets near Ingram in Northwest Fresno.
A man was taken to the hospital with serious injuries. At this point police are not releasing many details, but neighbors tell Action News the victim was beaten up and stabbed by a group of men.
Many woke up to lights and sirens in the neighborhood. Someone called police after a group of neighbors began fighting in the street.
"When officers arrived, they located an adult male suffering from what appear to be stab wounds to his upper torso," Lt. Tom Rowe of the Fresno Police Department said.
The man was rushed to the hopsital.
Neighbors tell Action News the vctim lives in the back unit of this apartment complex.
Sandra Gonzales says several hours before the stabbing she saw the victim walking back and forth along the driveway. She says he was carrying a knife and acting strangley.
"I don't know if he had an ear piece or if he had a phone, but he kept talking. Talking to himself. He was walking back and forth saying 'I'll kill you or you kill me.'," Gonzales said.
Action News has learned the victim may have started an argument with a man who lives in the area. Witnesses say soon after they saw several men beating up the victim.
"By the time the ambulance came, no one was here anymore," Gonzales said.
Gonzales says the victim was going through a difficult time following a break-up with his live-in girlfriend.
"He was depressed, that's what I call it, depressed," Gonzales said.
Less 24 hours after the chaos people living on Minarets Avenue are still frightened and are staying indoors.
The victim's identity has not yet been released. Anyone with information about the stabbing is asked to call the Fresno Police Department.
fresno, fresno county, fresno northwest, crimetracker, stabbing, local, rick montanez
- Woman dies in NE Fresno officer-involved shooting
- Parlier man shot and killed; neighbor arrested
- China-bound Malaysian jet vanishes with 239 aboard
- Crews battle large fire at Fresno County warehouse
- Man dies after being hit by train in Downtown Fresno
- Report: Ukraine base in Crimea under siege
- Man who inspired Three Strikes law may be sentenced under it
- Fresno PD: Man sitting in street struck, killed by car
- Unemployment figures: Slight economic improvement
- California jury deadlocks in ex-NFL player's death
- Near drownings on the rise
- Students take part in robot competition in Madera
- SubCom companies thinking inside the box
- CIF Central Section Basketball Finals
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos