Man dead after Northwest Fresno stabbing
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Fresno police are still looking for the suspects in an early morning attack that left a man dead.
A man was taken to the hospital with serious injuries and later died.
The incident happened around 1 a.m. Sunday morning on Minarets near Ingram in Northwest Fresno.
A man was taken to the hospital with serious injuries. At this point police are not releasing many details, but neighbors tell Action News the victim was beaten up and stabbed by a group of men.
Many woke up to lights and sirens in the neighborhood. Someone called police after a group of neighbors began fighting in the street.
"When officers arrived, they located an adult male suffering from what appear to be stab wounds to his upper torso," Lt. Tom Rowe of the Fresno Police Department said.
The man was rushed to the hopsital.
Neighbors tell Action News the vctim lives in the back unit of this apartment complex.
Sandra Gonzales says several hours before the stabbing she saw the victim walking back and forth along the driveway. She says he was carrying a knife and acting strangley.
"I don't know if he had an ear piece or if he had a phone, but he kept talking. Talking to himself. He was walking back and forth saying 'I'll kill you or you kill me.'," Gonzales said.
Action News has learned the victim may have started an argument with a man who lives in the area. Witnesses say soon after they saw several men beating up the victim.
"By the time the ambulance came, no one was here anymore," Gonzales said.
Gonzales says the victim was going through a difficult time following a break-up with his live-in girlfriend.
"He was depressed, that's what I call it, depressed," Gonzales said.
Less 24 hours after the chaos people living on Minarets Avenue are still frightened and are staying indoors.
The victim's identity has not yet been released. Anyone with information about the stabbing is asked to call the Fresno Police Department.
fresno, fresno county, fresno northwest, crimetracker, stabbing, local, rick montanez
- Truck driver pinned while making delivery in Fresno
- Man arrested after a shooting spree in Fresno
- Hanford man found dead inside a car in Armona
- 3 cars and FAX bus involved in crash
- Man arrested for beating outside Elbow Room 36 min ago
- Deputies search for missing 31-year-old Huron man
- 7 LA sheriff's deputies arrested in jail probe
- Fatal car accident kills pedestrian in Merced
- Valley farmers see minimal damage to citrus crops
- National memorial to be held for Nelson Mandela
- New Jersey restaurant parts ways with gay waitress
- Avatars helping athletes
- Costly headphone disappoints
- 2 arrested in Tulare Co for allegedly shooting man several times