Woman injured in Southwest Fresno shooting
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A search is underway for the person who shot a woman in Southwest Fresno.
The shooting happened around 12:30 Sunday morning at a home on Mayor, near Mariposa.
Police say the victim was outside when a car pulled up to the house. Someone got out of the car and started yelling, and then opened fire.
Investigators say at least one bullet hit the woman in the leg.
She was taken to Community Regional Medical Center, and is expected to survive.
"We don't know if this incident is gang-related or the motive for this shooting. That is the focus of our investigation. We're waiting for addition information to come and hope for help from the community to provide assistance into why this happened," Lt. Tom Rowe of the Fresno Police Department said.
Authorities say at least two people were in the car, which at this time is described only as a white, two-door, possibly a mid-80's Pontiac Firebird.
fresno, fresno county, fresno southwest, crimetracker, shooting, local
- Pedestrian killed in Highway 99 hit and run crash
- Massage parlor shutdown after tips of prostitution
- Trial wrapping up for ex-Clovis cop Kyle Pennington
- Man killed in rollover crash near Selma
- Teen stowaway remains hospitalized in Hawaii
- Tentative order in fight over Fresno water rate hikes
- HS rumor played role in Dinuba sexual battery case
- Fresno man gets prison in fatal hit-and-run crash
- New Adopt-a-Tree Program at Two Sisters U-Pick Apricots
- New effort to honor Hmong veterans
- Counting down to the Clovis Rodeo
- Fresno Co won't change Williamson Act tax standards
- Firefighters preparing for fire season at Lost Lake Park
- Suspect injures Fresno Police dog, officers say