Woman injured in Southwest Fresno shooting
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A search is underway for the person who shot a woman in Southwest Fresno.
The shooting happened around 12:30 Sunday morning at a home on Mayor, near Mariposa.
Police say the victim was outside when a car pulled up to the house. Someone got out of the car and started yelling, and then opened fire.
Investigators say at least one bullet hit the woman in the leg.
She was taken to Community Regional Medical Center, and is expected to survive.
"We don't know if this incident is gang-related or the motive for this shooting. That is the focus of our investigation. We're waiting for addition information to come and hope for help from the community to provide assistance into why this happened," Lt. Tom Rowe of the Fresno Police Department said.
Authorities say at least two people were in the car, which at this time is described only as a white, two-door, possibly a mid-80's Pontiac Firebird.
fresno, fresno county, fresno southwest, crimetracker, shooting, local
- Officer involved shooting in Visalia
- Fire off Copper and Sunnyside north of Clovis
- Carstens Fire near Midpines causes evacuations 1 min ago
- Mandela's wife thanks world for 'love, generosity'
- Chop shop and pot grow busted in Tulare County
- Rolling Fire burning in Madera County
- Federal agents search land linked to Hoffa case
- abcnews: Brokenhearted Hitman Testifies Against...
- OTRC: Daytime Emmys 2013 winners: Full list
- Grass fire closes Highway 99 in Fresno
- Cantaloupe producers start new safety program
- Apricot growers in California are expecting a big year
- Emergency crash landing at Fresno-Yosemite airport
- Zoo employees hold yard sale for conservation projects
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos