Woman injured in Southwest Fresno shooting
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A search is underway for the person who shot a woman in Southwest Fresno.
The shooting happened around 12:30 Sunday morning at a home on Mayor, near Mariposa.
Police say the victim was outside when a car pulled up to the house. Someone got out of the car and started yelling, and then opened fire.
Investigators say at least one bullet hit the woman in the leg.
She was taken to Community Regional Medical Center, and is expected to survive.
"We don't know if this incident is gang-related or the motive for this shooting. That is the focus of our investigation. We're waiting for addition information to come and hope for help from the community to provide assistance into why this happened," Lt. Tom Rowe of the Fresno Police Department said.
Authorities say at least two people were in the car, which at this time is described only as a white, two-door, possibly a mid-80's Pontiac Firebird.
fresno, fresno county, fresno southwest, crimetracker, shooting, local
- Chelsea Clinton expecting 1st child
- Nobel laureate Gabriel Garcia Marquez dies at 87
- Bloody suspect caught by Madera neighbors
- Applications for US jobless aid edge up to 304,000
- Texas seizes polygamist group's secluded ranch 40 min ago
- "X-Men" director accused of sex abuse in lawsuit 58 min ago
- Three WWII vets celebrate their birthdays
- Ordnance rendered safe; Solvang evacuations lifted
- Dinuba apartment manager arrested on forgery charges
- Valley cities among those where residents feel least safe
- Burglars steal firefighting tools from Forest Service
- 3 protesters killed in attack on Ukrainian base
- Gunmen attack Iraq military base, kill 10 soldiers
- Two dead after gunfire in the town of Lindcove
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos