Woman injured in Southwest Fresno shooting
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A search is underway for the person who shot a woman in Southwest Fresno.
The shooting happened around 12:30 Sunday morning at a home on Mayor, near Mariposa.
Police say the victim was outside when a car pulled up to the house. Someone got out of the car and started yelling, and then opened fire.
Investigators say at least one bullet hit the woman in the leg.
She was taken to Community Regional Medical Center, and is expected to survive.
"We don't know if this incident is gang-related or the motive for this shooting. That is the focus of our investigation. We're waiting for addition information to come and hope for help from the community to provide assistance into why this happened," Lt. Tom Rowe of the Fresno Police Department said.
Authorities say at least two people were in the car, which at this time is described only as a white, two-door, possibly a mid-80's Pontiac Firebird.
fresno, fresno county, fresno southwest, crimetracker, shooting, local
- Ryan Rodriquez found safe in Fresno County 11 min ago
- Chief Dyer testifies in excessive force trial 4 min ago
- Merced Co. industrial explosion kills 1, injures 2
- Fresno police target gangs in new operation
- Fresno Co. supervisors OK preliminary marijuana ban
- SF Giants pitcher inspired by Batkid to give
- Man shot several times in Central Fresno
- NTSB: Asiana captain worried about visual landing
- 2010 Greyhound Bus crash lawsuit settled
- Ex-Fresno paralegal found guilty of murder
- Uruguay legalizes sale, production of marijuana
- Warming tent setup for homeless in Merced County
- Debate on Fresno's water rate hike gets heated
- World leaders, South Africans honor Mandela
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos