Woman injured in Southwest Fresno shooting
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A search is underway for the person who shot a woman in Southwest Fresno.
The shooting happened around 12:30 Sunday morning at a home on Mayor, near Mariposa.
Police say the victim was outside when a car pulled up to the house. Someone got out of the car and started yelling, and then opened fire.
Investigators say at least one bullet hit the woman in the leg.
She was taken to Community Regional Medical Center, and is expected to survive.
"We don't know if this incident is gang-related or the motive for this shooting. That is the focus of our investigation. We're waiting for addition information to come and hope for help from the community to provide assistance into why this happened," Lt. Tom Rowe of the Fresno Police Department said.
Authorities say at least two people were in the car, which at this time is described only as a white, two-door, possibly a mid-80's Pontiac Firebird.
fresno, fresno county, fresno southwest, crimetracker, shooting, local
- New details unfold in fatal Fresno PD shooting 22 min ago
- Amber Alert canceled: Long Beach boy found safe 26 min ago
- Authorities investigate a shooting in Chowchilla
- USGS: 6.9 earthquake hits 50 miles west of Eureka
- Calif. emissions law could make gas prices jump
- Los Angeles police arrest man in severed head case
- Photos: 10 suspects caught in the act
- Russia warns Ukraine over 'lawlessness' in east 56 min ago
- Police: Man killed in Fresno gang-related shooting
- Man accused of killing Parlier coach identified
- Cornell president named new head of Smithsonian
- Bees attack drivers after SoCal car crash
- Man holds out atop roof of San Diego FBI building
- 1 arrested, 1 sought after Visalia Save Mart robbery
- New details unfold in fatal Fresno PD...
26 min ago