Wine lovers hold tasting to benefit Hinds Hospice
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Fresno's Save Mart Center welcomed hundreds of wine lovers Sunday afternoon during a tasting event benefiting Hinds Hospice.
About 50 wineries from the Valley and beyond participated in The Taste of Vino fundraiser and brought more than 150 wines for visitors to sample.
The event was put on by Fresno's Vino and Friends. The owners say they've put on similar events before but never as a fundraiser.
They say wineries are happy to participate.
"We have wineries from Washington, Paso Robles, Napa, Oregon, all over California... Santa Barbara, everywhere," Chuck van Fleet of Vino and Friends said.
Six restaurants also participated in the 'The Taste of Vino' event.
Proceeds from the tasting and the silent auction will all go to Hinds Hospice.
fresno, fresno county, fresno northeast, save mart center, local
- 700 Carstens Fire evacuees will be allowed home 29 min ago
- Treatment of mentally ill inmates in jail under scrutiny
- James helps Heat stave off elimination in Game 6
- Sierra Fire near Auberry at 50 percent containment
- Grapes become Fresno County's 1st billion dollar crop
- Officer involved shooting in Visalia
- Teresa Ceja and Jose Velarde guilty of murder
- Special Olympics torch run through Fresno County
- Summer food programs offer meals to children
- Fresno looks for cost savings after Measure G fails
- FPD seize weapons from gang members
- Car Crashes into a Visalia Chipotle
- Man finds Reedley mother's stolen ashes
- Police identify Central Fresno murder suspect
- Accuweather Forecast
51 min ago