Wine lovers hold tasting to benefit Hinds Hospice
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Fresno's Save Mart Center welcomed hundreds of wine lovers Sunday afternoon during a tasting event benefiting Hinds Hospice.
About 50 wineries from the Valley and beyond participated in The Taste of Vino fundraiser and brought more than 150 wines for visitors to sample.
The event was put on by Fresno's Vino and Friends. The owners say they've put on similar events before but never as a fundraiser.
They say wineries are happy to participate.
"We have wineries from Washington, Paso Robles, Napa, Oregon, all over California... Santa Barbara, everywhere," Chuck van Fleet of Vino and Friends said.
Six restaurants also participated in the 'The Taste of Vino' event.
Proceeds from the tasting and the silent auction will all go to Hinds Hospice.
fresno, fresno county, fresno northeast, save mart center, local
- Massage parlor shutdown after tips of prostitution
- Tentative order in fight over Fresno water rate hikes
- HS rumor played role in Dinuba sexual battery case
- Fresno man gets prison in fatal hit-and-run crash
- New effort to honor Hmong veterans
- Counting down to the Clovis Rodeo
- Fresno Co won't change Williamson Act tax standards
- Firefighters preparing for fire season at Lost Lake Park
- Suspect injures Fresno Police dog, officers say
- SD police guns stolen during LA charity game
- Porterville prepares for Iris Festival
- 5 honored for helping save Clovis man's life
- Tulare burglary suspect shot, killed by TX trooper
- Did Apple map capture Loch Ness Monster?