Wine lovers hold tasting to benefit Hinds Hospice
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Fresno's Save Mart Center welcomed hundreds of wine lovers Sunday afternoon during a tasting event benefiting Hinds Hospice.
About 50 wineries from the Valley and beyond participated in The Taste of Vino fundraiser and brought more than 150 wines for visitors to sample.
The event was put on by Fresno's Vino and Friends. The owners say they've put on similar events before but never as a fundraiser.
They say wineries are happy to participate.
"We have wineries from Washington, Paso Robles, Napa, Oregon, all over California... Santa Barbara, everywhere," Chuck van Fleet of Vino and Friends said.
Six restaurants also participated in the 'The Taste of Vino' event.
Proceeds from the tasting and the silent auction will all go to Hinds Hospice.
fresno, fresno county, fresno northeast, save mart center, local
- Target: 40M card accounts may be breached
- SoCal tour bus crash injures 22, kills 1 12 min ago
- Operation Bulldog cracks down on gang members
- Dozens injured at partial London theater collapse
- Figure skating champ Boitano says he's gay
- Police arrest escaped Merced C.O. Jail inmate
- New Mexico Supreme Court: Same-sex marriage legal
- Elderly woman critically injured in Fresno house fire
- Fresno attorney reenacts testimony from Kai
- Man accused of killing Los Banos boy in crash changes plea
- Teen girl found dead in Madera County stream
- Homicide investigated at Porterville Developmental Center
- Valley schools prepare for new transgender law
- Valley business gear up for next Fresno State game
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos