Wine lovers hold tasting to benefit Hinds Hospice
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Fresno's Save Mart Center welcomed hundreds of wine lovers Sunday afternoon during a tasting event benefiting Hinds Hospice.
About 50 wineries from the Valley and beyond participated in The Taste of Vino fundraiser and brought more than 150 wines for visitors to sample.
The event was put on by Fresno's Vino and Friends. The owners say they've put on similar events before but never as a fundraiser.
They say wineries are happy to participate.
"We have wineries from Washington, Paso Robles, Napa, Oregon, all over California... Santa Barbara, everywhere," Chuck van Fleet of Vino and Friends said.
Six restaurants also participated in the 'The Taste of Vino' event.
Proceeds from the tasting and the silent auction will all go to Hinds Hospice.
fresno, fresno county, fresno northeast, save mart center, local
- No time added for killer of Atwater prison guard
- Search continues for Tulare County OIS suspect
- Drop in Valley flu cases
- Senator: CIA improperly searched computer network
- Tiger Cubs make big debut at Fresno Chaffee Zoo
- Crimea's parliament pushes for independence
- California AG promotes bills to reduce truancy
- Vet saves poisoned dog with vodka
- Obama's surprise turn on 'Between Two Ferns'
- Trash dispute apparently led to fatal shooting
- Interpol shows image of 2 Iranians on missing jet
- Photos: Countdown: The 25 highest-paid musicians
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- Robot helps in design of High-Speed Rail
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos