Wine lovers hold tasting to benefit Hinds Hospice
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Fresno's Save Mart Center welcomed hundreds of wine lovers Sunday afternoon during a tasting event benefiting Hinds Hospice.
About 50 wineries from the Valley and beyond participated in The Taste of Vino fundraiser and brought more than 150 wines for visitors to sample.
The event was put on by Fresno's Vino and Friends. The owners say they've put on similar events before but never as a fundraiser.
They say wineries are happy to participate.
"We have wineries from Washington, Paso Robles, Napa, Oregon, all over California... Santa Barbara, everywhere," Chuck van Fleet of Vino and Friends said.
Six restaurants also participated in the 'The Taste of Vino' event.
Proceeds from the tasting and the silent auction will all go to Hinds Hospice.
fresno, fresno county, fresno northeast, save mart center, local
- Man shot in head while sitting in Fresno apartment
- Man arrested for exposing himself in front of kids
- Merced County swears in nation's 1st Hmong judge
- Crime spree ends with 2 arrested in Fresno
- Suspects sought after man stabbed in Parlier
- Man accused of molesting minor, having child porn
- Two convicted in murder of Fresno sex offender
- Captain of sunken South Korean ferry arrested
- California farmers to get more water
- Police raid LA Times building after threat reports
- Heart of the Horse is expanding
- Magnitude-7.2 earthquake shakes Mexican capital
- Calwa Catholics mark Good Friday with procession
- Health Watch: depressed preschoolers?
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos