Funeral plans made for Porterville soldier
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Plans are in place for a farewell to a fallen Valley soldier.
The family of Porterville's A.J. Pardo says he will be laid to rest next week, and the public is invited.
21-year-old Pardo and five other soldiers were killed Sunday. when their armored vehicle struck a roadside bomb in eastern Afghanistan.
The Taliban has claimed responsibility for the attack.
Pardo was a 2009 graduate of Granite Hills High School. His remains will return to the Valley on Sunday. The public is welcome to attend.
Funeral services will be held Tuesday, July 24 at the Holy Cross Catholic Church in Porterville at 11 a.m.
The graveside service will follow at Hillcrest Cemetery.
porterville, tulare county, afghanistan, local
- Teen girl found dead in Madera County stream
- Bad air keeps some Valley students indoors
- Valley schools prepare for new transgender law
- The new year will mean a new sheriff for Merced County
- Man accused of killing Los Banos boy in crash changes plea
- Public tickets to the Royal Purple Las Vegas Bowl sold out
- Calif senator: Revenge porn law should include selfies
- Mega Million Winning Numbers
- Marijuana was target of Fresno Co home invasion
- Kai was neither hero nor did he cause crash, witnesses say
- Scams can include investments with friends
- Jury awards $1.5 million in Fresno Police excessive force trial
- Valley growers told to brace for drought
- Gunman kills himself, 1 other at Reno hospital
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos