Funeral plans made for Porterville soldier
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Plans are in place for a farewell to a fallen Valley soldier.
The family of Porterville's A.J. Pardo says he will be laid to rest next week, and the public is invited.
21-year-old Pardo and five other soldiers were killed Sunday. when their armored vehicle struck a roadside bomb in eastern Afghanistan.
The Taliban has claimed responsibility for the attack.
Pardo was a 2009 graduate of Granite Hills High School. His remains will return to the Valley on Sunday. The public is welcome to attend.
Funeral services will be held Tuesday, July 24 at the Holy Cross Catholic Church in Porterville at 11 a.m.
The graveside service will follow at Hillcrest Cemetery.
porterville, tulare county, afghanistan, local
- Woman dies in NE Fresno officer-involved shooting 33 min ago
- Parlier man shot and killed; neighbor arrested
- China-bound Malaysian jet vanishes with 239 aboard 28 min ago
- Crews battle large fire at Fresno County warehouse
- Report: Ukraine base in Crimea under siege
- Man dies after being hit by train in Downtown Fresno
- Man who inspired Three Strikes law may be sentenced under it
- Fresno PD: Man sitting in street struck, killed by car
- Unemployment figures: Slight economic improvement
- California jury deadlocks in ex-NFL player's death
- Near drownings on the rise
- SubCom companies thinking inside the box
- Man dancing on power pole in Oxnard lifted...
- CIF Central Section Basketball Finals 31 min ago
- Woman dies in NE Fresno officer-involved...
40 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos