Funeral plans made for Porterville soldier
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Plans are in place for a farewell to a fallen Valley soldier.
The family of Porterville's A.J. Pardo says he will be laid to rest next week, and the public is invited.
21-year-old Pardo and five other soldiers were killed Sunday. when their armored vehicle struck a roadside bomb in eastern Afghanistan.
The Taliban has claimed responsibility for the attack.
Pardo was a 2009 graduate of Granite Hills High School. His remains will return to the Valley on Sunday. The public is welcome to attend.
Funeral services will be held Tuesday, July 24 at the Holy Cross Catholic Church in Porterville at 11 a.m.
The graveside service will follow at Hillcrest Cemetery.
porterville, tulare county, afghanistan, local
- Chelsea Clinton expecting 1st child
- Nobel laureate Gabriel Garcia Marquez dies at 87
- Bloody suspect caught by Madera neighbors
- Applications for US jobless aid edge up to 304,000
- Texas seizes polygamist group's secluded ranch 37 min ago
- "X-Men" director accused of sex abuse in lawsuit 55 min ago
- Three WWII vets celebrate their birthdays
- Ordnance rendered safe; Solvang evacuations lifted
- Dinuba apartment manager arrested on forgery charges
- Valley cities among those where residents feel least safe
- Burglars steal firefighting tools from Forest Service
- 3 protesters killed in attack on Ukrainian base
- Gunmen attack Iraq military base, kill 10 soldiers
- Two dead after gunfire in the town of Lindcove
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos